Google Wear OS downloading but not installing on daughters samsung A50 phone

flylife2k

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

Please can you help me with the following...

We got our daughter a smart watch and it instructs to download Google Wear OS from the play store however when she downloads the app it downloads then just goes back to the original screen without installing it. She has an Samsung A50 phone. There was a pending update which we followed through and installed but still no joy unfortunately. I can install the app fine on my Samsung S8 without issue. Worth also mentioning her phone is on our Family Link app so we can control what times she can use the phone. Final point to mention she is 12 years old and we are aware Samsung\Google limit what she can install but I cannot see this being an issue as it does not stop her from clicking the install link on the Play store (this is where it usually informs here she cannot), nor does it inform her she cannot install due to her age (which it usually does)

Is there anything else we can try short of removing her Google account, and then re-adding her
Any help much appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're using the Play Store app on her phone to try to install, not the website, right?

Platformer22

Mar 18, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I get this issue aswell with my phone which is managed by my parents. Basically, I install it and it either stops installing and cancels or it either comes up with 'Cant install Wear OS'. This is annoying since it means I cannot function the watch with my contacts, its currently synced to a tablet which is annoying.

Platformer22

Mar 18, 2021
Visit site
Hi there,

Oh thats a shame. Considering im above 13 this should be allowed. I have a Ticwatch E and It only works on a device without family link. Do you think this would work If I removed myself from my family then downloaded then rejoined?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

Oh thats a shame. Considering im above 13 this should be allowed. I have a Ticwatch E and It only works on a device without family link. Do you think this would work If I removed myself from my family then downloaded then rejoined?

Not sure about that. I'd first ask your parents to go through their Family Link supervisory settings to make sure everything is set correctly (i.e., correct age, relaxed restrictions if possible), but if that doesn't work, then ask them about your idea of removing the device from the Family Link temporarily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair