Posting this for anyone else who encounters this. I'm pairing a Moto360 v3 to an Android phone. The phone reported "Connected! " then begins "Getting your watch". It keeps getting stuck there. I did all sorts of things. Finally, I enabled NFC and Location services and the pairing completed rather quickly. The experience was annoying, but I'm glad that the solution was simple.
    07-25-2020 11:47 PM
    I moved this from the Wear OS for iPhone forum to the main Wear OS forum.
    ollieg likes this.
    07-25-2020 11:54 PM
    Same thing happened to my wife's watch & phone the other day. No apparent reason why. But the exact same thing. It took me about 5 tries and it finally prompted me on the phone to continue and then everything finished successfully. But after each try I factory reset the watch > cleared all data from the Wear OS app on phone > and selected Forget This Watch from the Wear OS app > uninstalled and reinstalled Wear OS. Like I said after about an hour (and lots of frustration & bad words) it finally worked. I have been wearing Android Wear watches since January 2015 and have never seen this happen before
    ollieg likes this.
    07-25-2020 11:54 PM
    There is something strange with either the Wear OS app or the Wear OS system on the watch right now. Never seen this before and I have setup many watches. Hopefully Google will push an update soon to address the weird setup issue
    07-25-2020 11:55 PM
    Oh Scott. That would be sad if it wasn't the configuration change that fixed the problem, but was instead that I tried for so many times it eventually worked!

I have two Moto360 watches, a v2 and now a v3. The v2 is 5 years old and running on Android Wear. I removed the old watch from my phone to make sure that wasn't an issue, as well as many other attempts. For me it really only connected and paired the v3/Wear OS watch after I had enabled Location and NFC. I'm not sure which of the or if both were the solution. Also I'm not confident enough to disconnect and confirm.
    07-26-2020 06:29 PM
    After I finally got her watch connected to her phone (many tries) the battery drain was horrible, drained within a few hours. I disabled NFC and WiFi and restarted her watch and battery life is good again.

I still think there is a bug in Wear OS app or the actual Wear OS system somewhere. I have been wearing Android Wear watches since January 2015 and setup a new (or factory reset) watch dozens of times and have never seen this issue before
    ollieg and Nostromo79 like this.
    07-26-2020 06:33 PM