LG G Watch or Samsung Gear Live.. Which will you choose?

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been set on LG or Moto, since Moto is yet to show a release date, I think I'll still be heading the LG route.

I've never owned a Samsung smartwatch but the overall design looks very clunky to me.

Where do you stand?

bujin

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I think the Gear looks better than the G Watch, and has the heart rate monitor, so that one might be a winner. The 360 is just too expensive for my tastes.

Bryant Laney

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I can't make up my mind I came to the forums hoping someone could convince me. I'm leaning towards the lg watch I think it looks better than the Samsung.

Posted via Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Of the two, I'm more tempted by the Samsung. However, I'm going to wait for some real-world reviews. Temping to join in on the fun of being among the first in line, but I'm not quite convinced enough of the utility of these to pull the trigger quiiiiite yet.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been set on LG or Moto, since Moto is yet to show a release date, I think I'll still be heading the LG route.

I've never owned a Samsung smartwatch but the overall design looks very clunky to me.

Where do you stand?

Personally, I will wait for the Moto 360 if I do indeed get a smartwatch.

Between the LG and the Samsung, though, I'd go with LG because the Samsung is only compatible with Samsung phones.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I will wait for the Moto 360 if I do indeed get a smartwatch.

Between the LG and the Samsung, though, I'd go with LG because the Samsung is only compatible with Samsung phones.

Correction. The Galaxy Live works with any device running Android 4.3 or higher.

Sent from my Bambo and Orange Moto X

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Correction. The Galaxy Live works with any device running Android 4.3 or higher.

Why does it say this on the device's page?

The Samsung Gear Live is compatible with all Samsung phones running Android 4.3, Jelly Bean™ or higher, and all of your favorite Android apps will display notifications on the Samsung Gear Live.

Why doesn't it just say any Android phone running 4.3 or higher?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
From the preorder page......

I saw that. Also from the same page:

Bringing Android to wearables
Android Wear extends the Android platform to wearables. The Samsung Gear Live is compatible with all Samsung phones running Android 4.3, Jelly Bean™ or higher, and all of your favorite Android apps will display notifications on the Samsung Gear Live.

So if anything, it's unclear.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Android Wear devices are compatible with all Android phones. I really want the Moto 360, but I feel like it's gonna cost more than I'm willing to pay. The G watch in black looks better than the Gear Live to me, but I like that it has the HR sensor and it's cheaper. Guess we'll see.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
So far I seem to prefer the round format Android wear watched than do the square. Right now I am for Moto 360 especially the black on black version. However still like see what ASUS and HTC come up with.

I hope HTC comes out slick soft touch polycarbonate body like HTC One X or even better bring back micro arc oxidized process they did on the HTC One S.

I already see a trend with the first generation of Android wear smartwatches will mainly be built with stainless steel. Hopefully HTC breaks the mold since they have always try to innovate on design materials used in their products.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

brownsdawg

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Why do people think the g-watch looks better than the gear live based on the photos? The LG looks so plastic-y and cheap. Picture the gear live with a metal band - I feel like I could wear that to work and not feel like I have a kids watch on. Plus the cheaper price.

I'd go with the gear live.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Why do people think the g-watch looks better than the gear live based on the photos? The LG looks so plastic-y and cheap. Picture the gear live with a metal band - I feel like I could wear that to work and not feel like I have a kids watch on. Plus the cheaper price.

I'd go with the gear live.

Me too. Even at the same price I'd go with the Samsung. Just a much better looking watch to me.

Posted via Android Central App

cprio

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Just bought a Rose Gold Gear 2 and love it!!!! I bought the RG to wear with suits which I do almost everyday. IMO- Samsung just has more experience in this space. They build an incredible product. All that being said, now I feel confused because I love having the Gear 2 with the camera but of course want the AW operating system. So, am I returning it today knowing all well that Samsung is not going to port AW to the Gear 2 or gamble???

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers