LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

TizenGears

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Are you planning to replace the strap on Samsung Gear Live or LG G smartwatch? if you already have your Android Wear smartwatch and already replaced the strap with another strap please shows us some... what is the best strap for LG G and Samsung Gear Live?
LG G watch strap.jpg

Found this site with screen protectors and an article about Strap Replacement for Gear 2 Best LG G smartwatch Strap (replacement) Steel and Leather | SmartWatch Apps

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i'm probably going to just swap mine out with the gear 2 strap. it's nothing great, but it holds securely, which is the best thing i can hope for these days

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Does the Samsung Gear Live have a replaceable strap? I keep seeing conflicting information on it but, looking at the watch, it doesn't look like it is replaceable.

TizenGears

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes I agree with you the design of the Gear Live looks like its not replaceable but Samsung say it is replaceable, But i think it will not look good with other strap, thats why Im going for LG G

Last edited:

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...

According to TechCrunch's review they say: "You’re less able to add your own personal flair to the Gear Live, too – it uses a proprietary band connector meaning aftermarket options aren’t nearly as readily available."

This of course, leaves me more in the dark. I'm guessing this means we can't just use any 22mm watch band like the LG version can? Anyone have the Gear Live in hand that can share for certain?

I'm leaning toward the Gear Live as the curve of the back looks to be a better fit on my petite wrist (15cm around) - but would like the option to add a more feminine band.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...

According to TechCrunch's review they say: "You’re less able to add your own personal flair to the Gear Live, too – it uses a proprietary band connector meaning aftermarket options aren’t nearly as readily available."

This of course, leaves me more in the dark. I'm guessing this means we can't just use any 22mm watch band like the LG version can? Anyone have the Gear Live in hand that can share for certain?

I'm leaning toward the Gear Live as the curve of the back looks to be a better fit on my petite wrist (15cm around) - but would like the option to add a more feminine band.

that report is wrong. well i guess it's not wrong in that the strap that comes with the gear live (and the gear 2/gear 2 neo) has a different type of connector ON THAT BAND ITSELF. remove it, and any standard 22mm band with a standard connector will work just fine on the gear live. so that review blurb is certainly misleading (leaning towards being flat out wrong). i'll say it once more. you can use any 22mm watch band with this. hell, you could use the LG band if you wanted to...

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
that report is wrong. well i guess it's not wrong in that the strap that comes with the gear live (and the gear 2/gear 2 neo) has a different type of connector ON THAT BAND ITSELF. remove it, and any standard 22mm band with a standard connector will work just fine on the gear live. so that review blurb is certainly misleading (leaning towards being flat out wrong). i'll say it once more. you can use any 22mm watch band with this. hell, you could use the LG band if you wanted to...

Thank you for the clarification!

Now to just decide which watch to actually get. I can't seem to decide what direction to go in. Hoping they get them in stores so I can try them both on and decide.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Gear Live strap is replaceable and can accept the Gear 2 strap but the lines of the watch won't blend into the strap as well. Gear Live band is wider at the point of contact than a Gear 2 one. It will certainly attach just fine though.

Posted via Android Central App

idle0095

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That band in the video looks like my stainless steel one but mine dont fit on the LG G Watch. It just fit on my Gear 2.

soundwave809

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
It is replaceable but I don't like the way it looks because of the shape of the Live watch and the stock strap stinks. I went with the LG, swapped out the band and the watch looks even better than before.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
LG G Watch with a swapped black stainless steel band...

uzadese7.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781