LG G watch and Gear Live Strap Replacement

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone ever come across a 22mm band with a clasp similar to the current Samsung Gear 2? The G Watch is too modern to me to be fastened in such a common way with a buckle.

Posted via Android Central App

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Here is the Gear Live with a silver metal band. While it doesn't line up great because of the Gear Live's special band, it's not horrendous either.

IMAG0204.jpg

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I agree however I did not like the pebble one the black matte looked nice but scratched too easily. Hoping these medal ones don't

Sadly, the ebay metal ones I have on the pebble and now the G Watch do show some wear over time. Particularly the clasp where it comes in contact with the desk. The G Watch one is new, but I'm sure it will get scratched up eventually.

Pebble & G Watch bands:
5ana5e4u.jpg

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone ever come across a 22mm band with a clasp similar to the current Samsung Gear 2? The G Watch is too modern to me to be fastened in such a common way with a buckle.

i'm going to test a gear 2 strap on the live later today. i'll report back

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

You can buy Gear 2 replacement bands and use them with the Gear Live. I tried this, but didn't really like it. They run $49.99, and for that much money, you can buy something nicer and less expensive on Amazon or other similar retailers.

superflybribri

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Looks great. For those of you with the metal bands, do you hear the vibration that the watch makes. That is a problem that I had with my Pebble. It prevented me from getting the Pebble Steel also. I ended up switching to a rubber link style band.

IMG_20140629_212127.jpg

Knight Racer

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I was considering getting the Samsung Gear Live watch and using the steel strap.Because of the large size of the screen and the added inch between the 2 sides of the face to the connection of the strap being long too,I was wondering if anyone had pics of it on their wrist sitting comfortably or was it too wide?

I was hoping to make something similar to what the guy in this video did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGA534iZ5Ag

Last edited:

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was considering getting the Samsung Gear Live watch and using the steel strap.Because of the large size of the screen and the added inch between the 2 sides of the face to the connection of the strap being long too,I was wondering if anyone had pics of it on their wrist sitting comfortably or was it too wide?

I hope this helps!

IMAG0203.jpg
IMAG0206.jpg
IMAG0207.jpg

Knight Racer

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I was also considering getting the LG G watch with Casio style wristband.Anyone have an image of something similar to that?

I once did that to my Sony Liveview back when that was the frst smartwatch on the block.

sony liveview.jpg

Last edited:

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm using my LG with my Gear 2 band, because I prefer the clasp on it to a buckle. It works well but considering the cost for those that don't have one, prob not worth it since it says Samsung on it and there's a very slight raw edge where it attaches to the watch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463