Too many swipes to get to desired app?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I was watching a YouTube demo video. Google Now and Google Voice look impressive, but is there a way too shrink the apps to 4 smaller size per screen for easy access like the Gear 2? So far, it seems there are too many unnecessary swipes needed.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Fearless Freep

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
If it's an Android Wear app you can launch it by saying "Ok, Google, Launch Evernote" (or whatever app). The screen swipes are somewhat more involved but still not a big deal. It's not a phone screen, thus you don't want to place full-time icons there. At some point maybe they'll implement some sort of gesture shortcuts to launch an app, but it's still OK to me.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Great, seems like it would help. Too many swipes can be too cumbersome. Why do extra steps if you don't need to?

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

nyijedi

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Mini Launcher has made me go from wanting to throw this watch out the window to really enjoying it.

Posted via Android Central App

bujin

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it's correct, but I always feel that adding "always on" apps like this will cause a battery drain. I'm curious as to whether that's the case here. Definitely a convenient app.