Is there a way to hide the actual message you receive on android wear? Like so all i would recieve ks a notification telling me my wife texted me vs a message saying what she said. Some messages are private and I don't want the world to know what they say. I remember being able to do this on my old Samsung device but that was over a year ago and I don't even see the feature on stock android/hangouts app. Does anyone know how to do this or if its possible? Thank you!
    09-29-2014 06:27 AM
    Consider posting your question over at Connectedly as well: Connectedly Forum
    09-29-2014 12:40 PM
    I am also interested in this.
    10-04-2014 03:21 AM
    At the moment, I do not know of any way to enable this "private notifications" functionality across the board for all notifications on Android Wear. Google does recommend not showing "sensitive" information on the "peek" card (the first card that is shown when a notification is received) in their "Building apps for wearables" tutorial. Of course, it's up to the developer to take this advice and implement it into their Wear app.

Hopefully, future updates or third-party apps will add this functionality as simply a blanket toggle switch like it is on a Samsung wearable.

And, I'd also recommend visiting the Connectedly Forums for discussion or questions on wearables or other connected devices. They have a great community over there for all things connected, not just smartwatches .
    10-05-2014 01:44 PM