I am having trouble with the new Google Fit App and my Moto360. Ever since installing the Fit App on my S5, I am not able to get my watch pedometer working. When I open up the Fit App on my watch, it just shows the data from my phone.

I also have not been able to link the watch on the phone app. There is a spot in settings to add a device.... My watch is not listed despite being connected.

Anyone having any experiences, good or bad, with the new Fit App?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2014 09:28 PM
    Same as mine. I cannot see a step count but instead active minutes

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    10-28-2014 10:04 PM
    I am having trouble with the new Google Fit App and my Moto360. Ever since installing the Fit App on my S5, I am not able to get my watch pedometer working. When I open up the Fit App on my watch, it just shows the data from my phone.

I also have not been able to link the watch on the phone app. There is a spot in settings to add a device.... My watch is not listed despite being connected.

Anyone having any experiences, good or bad, with the new Fit App?

I'm having the exact same issue on my HTC One (M8)
    10-28-2014 10:04 PM
    Seems as if the people who are having success with the new app are people who are using it on their phone for the first time, having never used Google Fit before.

Those of us who have been using fit on Android Wear devices are the ones having the issue.

Hopefully Google realizes this soon and quickly releases an update to make it compatible with their Wear devices.

Worst case scenario.... Android Wear 2.0 *might* be released next week which may solve some of these issues.

10-28-2014 10:26 PM
    In the Fit app (on the phone) you can change your daily goal in the settings menu (from active minutes to number of steps). Then the card on your watch goes back to showing number of steps by default.

However there still seem to be issues with the synchronisation between the steps counted by the phone and the watch.
    11-02-2014 03:38 PM