I'm planning on moving away from my galaxy phone, which means losing functionality from my Gear 2 Neo watch. So I'm looking at the LG G R watch or the Asus Zenwatch (hoping it hits today or soon). I have a question about Android Wear functionality, since 2 people I know that have the 360 and G R watches can't seem to do this: (user error? )

Can you pull up old texts on the watch? On my Gear Neo I can go the text app on the watch and my whole recent history is there. I can read and respond to any of them at that point. Can that be done with Android Wear? At worst, if I get a text from someone, can I then pull old texts from that contact?
    Lastly, can you respond directly to the text or do you have to go through the whole "OK Google, text so-and-so, ..."

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    11-09-2014 09:08 AM
    I'm planning on moving away from my galaxy phone, which means losing functionality from my Gear 2 Neo watch. So I'm looking at the LG G R watch or the Asus Zenwatch (hoping it hits today or soon). I have a question about Android Wear functionality, since 2 people I know that have the 360 and G R watches can't seem to do this: (user error? )

Can you pull up old texts on the watch? On my Gear Neo I can go the text app on the watch and my whole recent history is there. I can read and respond to any of them at that point. Can that be done with Android Wear? At worst, if I get a text from someone, can I then pull old texts from that contact?
    Lastly, can you respond directly to the text or do you have to go through the whole "OK Google, text so-and-so, ..."

Thanks!

http://phandroid.com/2014/11/06/7-th...-android-wear/
    albertdc likes this.
    11-09-2014 09:14 AM
    Thanks for that link. Aside from the navigation, it seems like Samsung really had nailed it with the Gear 2 in terms of functionality. I'll be sorry to lose out on that.
    Wish I could keep the full functionality of the Gear even with a non-Samsung phone, but it seems like there is no way to keep voice services working. Argh.

11-09-2014 09:56 AM

Thanks!

Install the app 'Wear Messenger'. Also, if you get a text, swipe to the left and you see a history from that person.
    albertdc likes this.
    11-10-2014 05:31 AM
    Thanks, p3ntyne. Will try that out when I get mine.

p3ntyne likes this.
    11-10-2014 01:57 PM
    Get wear messanger it's worth the dollar 24

Posted via Nexus 7 2013 or verizon Galaxy S5 or maybe one day through my moto 360
    11-18-2014 06:35 PM
    Install the app 'Wear Messenger'. Also, if you get a text, swipe to the left and you see a history from that person.
    Can you post a link to the app? Search on Google play store comes up with nothing.
    11-20-2014 12:51 AM
    Can you post a link to the app? Search on Google play store comes up with nothing.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....wearmessenger

Perhaps it's not available in your country's Play Store...
    11-20-2014 12:55 AM