So...with the latest OS release (Google's Android Wear software will let you leave your phone at home (if there's Wi-Fi) - CNET) (sorry I searched quick and couldn't find an AC article)....

So the idea is you leave your phone @ home and notification are pushed to your watch through Wifi.
    Why do I even need a phone? couldn't I have a Nexus 7 running @ home and that's what the phone is "connected" to.
    Obviously I lose out on traditional MMS but are I set with everything else? Email, Hangouts, weather.

Take a step further, it doesn't need a to be a Nexus, could be a Chromebook. As long as I have a "server" at home I can be out and about with my watch.

For some reason I think this finally sells me on getting one next sale. Moto X or LG...
    04-21-2015 01:09 PM
    I have the Moto 360 and the Gear S. The Gear S is really a wonderful watch because I when I forget my phone and go somewhere, I never miss anything.
    There are parts of Android Wear though that I like better. I wish I could magically take what I like out of each and make my perfect watch.
    04-24-2015 03:47 PM
    Watch navigation and web browsing sucks, so as "cool" as this sounds, i'll so pass.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-25-2015 07:00 PM