I just got an LG G watch and I'm trying to figure out how to integrate it into my life. I keep hearing about people getting a lot out of their watches, but up until now I've frankly only been using the watch and the occasional voice command.

I find that the Google cards are often superfluous to my situation (I don't want the same cards o get on my phone and there appears to be no way of distinguishing between the two)

The cards are also completely out of order for me. I have to scroll past 5-6 bs cards in the morning about buses or how ling I walked the day before before I can see the weather.

There are few apps and most of the ones I've tried are crap.

Take Moovit for example which is supposed to use my GPS location to let me know about public transportation and arrival times. On the phone I've limited the app to just showing me the subway ( because that is all I take) bit opening the app on the phone shows me every effing bus route which takes up all the card slots so I can't even see the metro!

When I launch the app via a voice command it opens it on the phone instead, so I am forced to open the app manually.

Notifications for messages are nice, but it only shows me 15 words before i have to start scrolling.

I really want to make better use of my watch. What shops am I missing out on? Are there any settings that can solve some of the issues I described above?

Any help is appreciated!
    05-21-2015 09:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I've had a Zenwatch for a couple of weeks now, and am starting to get a feel for its usefulness.

1. When I'm streaming Google Play Music to my car stereo while driving, it can be difficult, dangerous, and illegal for me to pick up my phone and try to select some music. So I can tap or tile my watch to wake it, say OK Google, then say "Play Daft Punk," and it'll play a Daft Punk selection.

2. If I'm at work and having a detailed discussion with a patient, and my phone rings, I can check my watch subtly to see if it's an important enough call for me to interrupt the discussion. If it isn't, I can palm my watchface to silence and dismiss the call.

3. Checking text messages or Hangouts messages is very convenient. It's nice to be able to speak a reply that then gets transcribed.

4. Although I don't use it much, the pedometer/fitness function is very popular.

5. The Zenwatch has a nifty Remote Camera app that makes the watchface a mini viewfinder, and allows you to remotely snap the shot. Good for a self group shot without the need for a big ol' selfie stick.
    05-21-2015 10:38 PM
    Just to add to this... I've come to realize that google now on your phone is kind of a control panel of sorts for what cards display on your watch. If you don't want notifications about bus routes on your watch, grab your phone and change the google now setting to not show public transportation info and the watch will follow suit and stop showing them as well. Sadly, I don't know of any way of separating the two.

Personally, I've become quite accustomed to asking my wrist for answers... If you can get over the fear of looking like a crazy person talking to your wrist. Try it... I'll ask mine all sorts of things and usually get a answer right on the watch... "42 times 7 plus 3", "Asian restaurants near me", "who is Ben affleck's brother?"

Believe it or not, these all work beautifully and I've come to rely on the watch for quick / easy info. I wouldn't suggest asking deep, open-ended questions or using technical industry-specific jargon in your question. However the quick "I wonder...." kind of question that used to result in pulling out your phone and performing a impromptu google search, is now typically taken care of right on your wrist.

One more thing... As I have recently received the Android 5.1.1 update on my Asus ZenWatch, the watch is truly getting better and better. For instance, scrolling thru those cards on the watch can now be easily performed without even touching the screen. Simply rotate your wrist clockwise or counter-clockwise to scroll forward or back thru your cards. For those that find this kind of gesture control annoying, don't worry... You can turn it off in the settings if desired.

I'm not sure when the update will hit the original G Watch, but I'm sure it will find its way there soon(ish).
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-22-2015 12:32 AM
    If you can get over the fear of looking like a crazy person talking to your wrist.
    Oh that's easy--just pretend you're Captain Kirk and do your best William Shatner impersonation. Spoooooock!
    Penguwin likes this.
    05-22-2015 01:54 AM
    I just want to add that the first week with my LG Watch Urbane I also wondered "what's the point" especially considering that I haven't worn a wristwatch in years. I seriously considered returning it.

But by the second week it was beginning to grow on me and, now, nearing the end of the third week, I can honestly say that it is definitely a keeper.
    B. Diddy, TJ Kelly Jr and Penguwin like this.
    05-22-2015 08:02 AM