So I got an Asus Zenwatch a month or so ago and paired it up with my LG G3 on Sprint. Both are updated to the latest versions as is Android Wear. About a week and a half into the process I started noticing my battery on my phone dropping fast. I looked and Bluetooth was always high on the list, if not the first thing on the list for usage. I tried un-installing Watchmaker Pro, Zenwatch manager and Android wear, forgetting the watch and doing a factory reset on the watch. Then I downloaded fresh versions of Android Wear and Zenwatch Manager and re-paired everything. Still getting the big drains. Outside of the watch face apps I'd tried for the watch I didn't have any new apps and no new bluetooth pairings.

I did have a Martian Notifier before the Zenwatch. I thought I had unpaired it but just noticed I hadn't so I did that now. I'll see if that helps but any ideas before doing a factory reset on the phone? I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.
    09-22-2015 12:50 PM
    How big of a battery drain are you getting? You should expect some drain because Android Wear is running and bluetooth will always be on.
    Broncho likes this.
    09-30-2015 10:42 PM
    In the first week and a half I could drive in to work without my phone on the charger, a 40 to 45 minute drive, and the battery would either stay at 100% or drop to 99%. I did it a couple of times after the battery drain started and it would drop to 90% in the same time frame on the same route and the on the battery status Bluetooth would have been using 30+% of the battery.

I never could figure it out but I did a factory reset on my phone and my watch this past weekend and it is back to the way it was, a normal typical battery drain. I'm slowly adding apps back on to see what was causing it, if it was app related to begin with. So far, it has been working fine.

I'm still open to any ideas on what might have been causing it though.
    09-30-2015 11:22 PM
    I think I figured it out and it doesn't make any sense to me. Earlier this week I installed Gas Buddy on my phone around 8 AM and my batter started draining hard after that with Bluetooth being the main culprit. I uninstalled Gas Buddy that afternoon around 2 or 3 and the battery performance has been good ever since. It doesn't make any sense to me, but that is what I've seen so far. If I see any other issues I'll report back but maybe this will help someone else.
    Penguwin likes this.
    10-04-2015 04:32 PM
    I think I figured it out and it doesn't make any sense to me. Earlier this week I installed Gas Buddy on my phone around 8 AM and my batter started draining hard after that with Bluetooth being the main culprit. I uninstalled Gas Buddy that afternoon around 2 or 3 and the battery performance has been good ever since. It doesn't make any sense to me, but that is what I've seen so far. If I see any other issues I'll report back but maybe this will help someone else.
    This is peculiar, but I noticed that the gas buddy app DOES have a Bluetooth connection information permission. So, most likely it was frantically trying to access something via your Bluetooth and killing your phone's battery on the process.

Glad you got it figured out and thanks for posting up here about it... Hopefully it will save some stress on another individual having a similar issue.
    Broncho likes this.
    10-05-2015 01:18 AM
    Yeah, it was also confusing that all of a sudden it was doing with my Zenwatch but never did it with Martian Notifier, but it looks like GasBuddy was updated at the beginning of September. I'm betting whatever they did then is what caught it. It doesn't look like anyone else is complaining about it so either no one else has figured it out or it is something specific about my configuration. Either way, as you said, hopefully it will help someone else.
    Penguwin likes this.
    10-05-2015 11:25 AM