I own a moto 360 and just ordered an Asus zenwatch 2 and was wondering if anybody has tried to retrofit apple watch type bands to other watches? Weird question I know but this was the only place I could think to ask. I like the way the mesh band wraps around on the Apple watch it seems like a convenient way to wear the mesh band and I've never had one of those before but am interested in trying one. Anyways, any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    10-14-2015 11:47 PM
    I own a moto 360 and just ordered an Asus zenwatch 2 and was wondering if anybody has tried to retrofit apple watch type bands to other watches? Weird question I know but this was the only place I could think to ask. I like the way the mesh band wraps around on the Apple watch it seems like a convenient way to wear the mesh band and I've never had one of those before but am interested in trying one. Anyways, any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Rather than trying to adapt the Apple Watch bands, you could probably just find something very similar that will easily fit your ZenWatch 2.

The style of band your referring to where the steel mesh wraps around is called a mesh Milanese band. Searching eBay or Amazon will most likely yield you many options as that style is not exclusive to just the Apple Watch. If you ordered the larger ZenWatch 2, it uses 22mm watch bands... the smaller ZenWatch 2 takes 18mm bands.

One more thing of note, the Apple Watch Milanese band uses a magnetic clasp to hold the band shut, so you would want to look for that as well if you want to be as close to the Apple version as possible. If not, many other clasp types and styles are available.
    Ross U likes this.
    10-15-2015 04:14 AM
    Rather than trying to adapt the Apple Watch bands, you could probably just find something very similar that will easily fit your ZenWatch 2.

The style of band your referring to where the steel mesh wraps around is called a mesh Milanese band. Searching eBay or Amazon will most likely yield you many options as that style is not exclusive to just the Apple Watch. If you ordered the larger ZenWatch 2, it uses 22mm watch bands... the smaller ZenWatch 2 takes 18mm bands.

One more thing of note, the Apple Watch Milanese band uses a magnetic clasp to hold the band shut, so you would want to look for that as well if you want to be as close to the Apple version as possible. If not, many other clasp types and styles are available.
    Yeah I ordered a few mesh bands from Amazon but I didn't like either of the clasps so I'm probably sending them back. I looked on ebay with no avail at finding a magnetic loop one that hasn't been made for Apple watch. I love the magnetic closure awesome idea but I can't find one for regular watches. Thank you kindly for your information and help though!
    10-15-2015 01:48 PM
    Yeah I ordered a few mesh bands from Amazon but I didn't like either of the clasps so I'm probably sending them back. I looked on ebay with no avail at finding a magnetic loop one that hasn't been made for Apple watch. I love the magnetic closure awesome idea but I can't find one for regular watches. Thank you kindly for your information and help though!
    Ahh... If your up for some tinkering you could always order a cheap third-party silicone band meant for the Apple Watch and take it apart to see if it can work.

I only mention the silicone and third-party non-genuine Apple bits as that should make the band considerably cheaper. If you figure out a way to take it apart and adapt it, buy the Milanese one and your set! If not at least you are not out too much cash.

Just an idea.
    10-16-2015 04:30 AM