Which smartwatch should I get?

Oluwadare Oyadiji

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I have been thinking of getting the Sony Smartwatch 3 as it costs £100 and I have a Sony Z3 compact but the smartwatch does not have a heart rate monitor which I am not sure if I need even though I am trying to lose weight. I have heard you can buy a heart rate monitor strap and connect it via bluetooth. There also the LG G watch R and the LG urban watch, the moto 360, Samsung gear 2, pebble and other watches.

So which one should I get?

hxcellentinc

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I actually really like the Fitbit Charge HR. Small, light, and battery last for 3 days.

It tracks my sleep + has silent and vibrate alarm which will wake me up without interferring with my wife :).

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I have been thinking of getting the Sony Smartwatch 3 as it costs £100 and I have a Sony Z3 compact but the smartwatch does not have a heart rate monitor which I am not sure if I need even though I am trying to lose weight. I have heard you can buy a heart rate monitor strap and connect it via bluetooth. There also the LG G watch R and the LG urban watch, the moto 360, Samsung gear 2, pebble and other watches.

So which one should I get?

You don't really need the HRM in all honesty. I've got the Moto 360 (OG) and my friend has the SW3, I'd say if you want style points go for the 360 as it looks absolutely beautiful - and for the price ($145ish on Amazon) it's unmatched for what it is. If you want something more practical (more readable screen, FAR better battery life) then go for the SW3. In terms of other AW devices, it all depends on your preferences really (I was looking at the LG G Watches until I read about the AMOLED burn-in :/)

Pebbles are great too (they're the most popular amongst my classes) but they have less functionality, and IMO are a better watch over a smartwatch. Although, the battery life and waterproofing are the killer features.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
If you have an actual reason for the HRM data, than that's one thing. If your not sure what you'd use the heart rate monitor for then it's probably not worth it. In my experience with many, many smartwatches, the heart rate monitor is one of those features that most people forget about... Only using it to show off what neat trick their wrist computer can do.

The original Moto 360 has gone down to $99, which makes it more attractive. However, if you can swing the extra cash, personally, I'd go for another Android Wear watch... My personal favorite at the moment is the Asus ZenWatch.

The SW3 is a good watch, but your very limited in what watch bands you can use as they are proprietary and typically expensive (roughly $50 for a new band). The built-in GPS is nice, but that really depends on your uses... As you may not care if the watch itself has GPS capability.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got the Moto 360 2nd gen and I love it. For me, the battery life is good (almost 2 full days on a charge) and it works great with my Samsung S7 for notifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair