Answering calls

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, am with Samsung Gear2 and planning to move to android wear. My important requirement is to answer and make calls from watch over Bluetooth and wifi (not interested in LTE as I need this feature only when am in lab. No signal inside lab, so I leave phone outside and still will not miss calls). Is there an android wear that support this functionality ? .

Posted via the Android Central App

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, am with Samsung Gear2 and planning to move to android wear. My important requirement is to answer and make calls from watch over Bluetooth and wifi (not interested in LTE as I need this feature only when am in lab. No signal inside lab, so I leave phone outside and still will not miss calls). Is there an android wear that support this functionality ? .

I think only the LG watch urbane second edition. You can select to use the sim in the watch or the phone.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I think only the LG watch urbane second edition. You can select to use the sim in the watch or the phone.

Thanks for the reply. Feature to receive calls without SIM is there since the first samsung gear. Surprised this is not part of android wear.

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Feature to receive calls without SIM is there since the first samsung gear. Surprised this is not part of android wear.

It will surely be for future android wear watches with speakers, and the urbane 2nd edition.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat. I have a gear 2 neo and love that I can answer a call from my watch. I would love one of the newer round smart watches but I looks like none can match the phone capabilities without a data plan tied to it.

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Am I correct in assuming that any of the new watches will at least show you the incoming call and you can dismiss from watch without pulling phone out?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Am I correct in assuming that any of the new watches will at least show you the incoming call and you can dismiss from watch without pulling phone out?

yes you can choose to dismiss or take a call right on your watch. if you decide to take it you have to pick up your phone to actually talk. i believe any android watch will do this.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
yes you can choose to dismiss or take a call right on your watch. if you decide to take it you have to pick up your phone to actually talk. i believe any android watch will do this.

With Samsung Gear 2 you don't have to pick the phone to answer. You can answer from watch

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Another option is to pair a Bluetooth headset, in which you don't need to take out your phone or talk to your wrist. For me, I simply press the answer button on my BT.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I am able to do some of that with my LG GWR. When a Call comes in or go out and my phone is fairly close, I am able to answer the call and turn on the phone speaker from my watch, it is not really talking thru the watch, it is still thru the phone speaker/microphone, but since I can start, talk, and end the conversation without touching my phone, I feel a bit like DickTracy

BTW the app I use for the speaker function is Wear Speaker. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com.wearableloudspeaker&hl=en&token=M3WvMolA
(you can also mute, turn off speaker, initiate and end calls with this app)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad