Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

WTF is Google thinking of with these new updates!?

With the latest update, I no longer get any of my sports team cards showing up on my Moto 360 2 gen. Also I am not getting the weather card. Actually no cards at all unless I get a notification, as well as my touchscreen doesn't seem as sensitive as it used to be. I need to tap the screen a few times to get it to light up sometimes.

If I want the weather I need to goto OK Google and ask.

Is is because of the latest version of AndroidWear on the phone? Is that what dictates how the watch OS works?

If so, what was the last good version to download? I am thinking one or two versions back.
    12-09-2015 06:39 PM
    WTF is Google thinking of with these new updates!?

With the latest update, I no longer get any of my sports team cards showing up on my Moto 360 2 gen. Also I am not getting the weather card. Actually no cards at all unless I get a notification, as well as my touchscreen doesn't seem as sensitive as it used to be. I need to tap the screen a few times to get it to light up sometimes.

If I want the weather I need to goto OK Google and ask.

Is is because of the latest version of AndroidWear on the phone? Is that what dictates how the watch OS works?

If so, what was the last good version to download? I am thinking one or two versions back.
    I don't use the sports cards of Google Now, but I actually get better, more refined weather and other Google Now cards after this last update...

Those cards are controlled by Google Now on your phone. I would try to go into the Google Now settings in your phone and make sure all is well there. In other words, make sure you're still getting Google Now sports cards on your phone.
    12-09-2015 07:43 PM
    Another problem I am having with the latest update is that my screen doesn't always light up when I get a viber message.

I have my watch set up to only light up when I get a notification or I touch it to see the time. But it doesn't always light up now.

Maybe I'll try one update back and see if things get better.
    12-09-2015 08:35 PM
    Does anyone know if I put an older version of Androiwear on my phone and do a factory reset of my watch and start over will it go back to work the way it did with the cards?

I just want it back to the way it was before the latest update.
    12-10-2015 08:39 AM
    Does anyone know if I put an older version of Androiwear on my phone and do a factory reset of my watch and start over will it go back to work the way it did with the cards?

I just want it back to the way it was before the latest update.
    No, I think the lack of cards is related to the recent update to the Google app (Google Now) on your phone. Google Now is now an app for the watch instead of just the notifications.
    brosko likes this.
    12-10-2015 11:37 AM
    Have u looked at ur Google now settings? Also try to resync ur watch? Or even reset it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-10-2015 02:54 PM
    Have u looked at ur Google now settings? Also try to resync ur watch? Or even reset it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Nothing different in there. I think it is probably what sfringer said. The Google search app which controls Google Now probably just changed.

But just for good measure, I removed and reinstalled Androidwear on the phone and factory wiped the watch and re set it up.

But the cards aren't back the way they were, and I doubt it will come back that way. Which kind of stinks, because now if I want to keep up on the game, or check scores I need to do the "OK Google" and ask for it. Which stinks. Before all I had to do was just scroll down on the watch and see them.

Google programmers are on crack. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I hate when programmers redesign things just for the sake of change.
    12-10-2015 10:34 PM
    Nothing different in there. I think it is probably what sfringer said. The Google search app which controls Google Now probably just changed.

But just for good measure, I removed and reinstalled Androidwear on the phone and factory wiped the watch and re set it up.

But the cards aren't back the way they were, and I doubt it will come back that way. Which kind of stinks, because now if I want to keep up on the game, or check scores I need to do the "OK Google" and ask for it. Which stinks. Before all I had to do was just scroll down on the watch and see them.

Google programmers are on crack. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I hate when programmers redesign things just for the sake of change.
    Don't know, something else may be wrong for you. I could keep up with tonight's game just fine. I have the new Google app and cards on my Huawei Watch.

Here you see both the game and weather, no "ok google" needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Google ruining Androidwear-1449809860425.jpg  
    Penguwin likes this.
    12-10-2015 10:57 PM