Android Wear app question

rdonnelly

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering if I get a device that works with android wear, does it default all phone audio to the watch, or does the phone get priority with the option to switch to the watch?

I hate having to change to phone speaker on every call because the watch always grabs the speaker.

Look forward to replies and suggested watches.

Thanks

rdonnelly

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Most Android Wear watches do not have a speaker so it can't "grab" phone calls.

Thanks, do they notify you that the phone is ringing, allow you to reject the call?

Right now I have a Galaxy Gear1 and it will ring calls, and if I answer through the phone, it does not turn on the watch speaker. It is a nice feature to be able to use the watch when you want to. Only thing is that Samsung watch requires me to use the slow and bloated touch wiz rom on my phone, with a custom phone rom it is very hacked and limited on notifications, plus it turns on watch speaker on every call.

rdonnelly

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
So I got the smartwatch 3, and in comparison to my old Galaxy Gear1, I must say I like it a lot more, thinner, lighter and it runs Android instead of Tizen.

And like you said, no built in speaker takes care of the problem of the watch trying to take control of the call.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel