I have the samsung gear s2 it not the classic just the plastic/rubber version. i wish it was more google friendly. I am thinking of returning it, i am inside the 14 day return period, I am thinking of investing in moto 330 2nd gen. I have been reading in Buisness insider, and Forbes that android wear is working more to be better in every watch, there seems to be a longevity with android wear, and i hear nothing of Tizen.

My question is would it be wiser to get the andoid wear for longevity to pair with any phone i may get in the future? or stick with Tizen and hope for the best, provided i always get a samsung phone.

I want my investment with a smartwatch to last for a while as $300 is a big chunk of change i want one that can ride with me for the long haul.

Thank you for your honest response, I have always believed the advice on this android site.
    Cyndi
    03-15-2016 08:05 AM
    I'd go with Android Wear. I had the Gear S for a year until I replaced it with my LG watch urbane 2 LTE, and to me, the difference between Tizen and AW is huge. No new major apps were released during the year I had my Gear S, so I was stuck with a handful of apps and could never increase the usefulness of my watch. AW has support by major app makers and independent devs alike, and if you have a specific need, there are likely already apps that fulfill this need, or you have the certainty that they will be created in the future. I love having the choice of what app I want to track my runs vs. being stuck with Samsung's own or Nike plus, for instance.

If it's not too late, you may be happier with a AW device.
    03-17-2016 06:56 PM
    If Google integration (voice search and gmail) is very important AW is better. But between the gear s2 and the Huawei on my desk, when I put a watch on its usually the gear s2 despite the fact that it's not as attractive. It just gives me better notifications for email and messaging without having to fuss with 3rd party apps on the phone.

Edit I have a note 5.
    paisley99 likes this.
    03-17-2016 11:11 PM