I'm currently an iOS/Apple Watch user and have recently decided to switch to Android/Android Wear. I'm having a hard time finding the right Android Wear device for my needs, though. I'd like to get a circular designed watch...I know that much for sure. However, I am looking for a device that can work well in the office (to display upcoming events, etc.) but also work well as a fitness device. The Apple Watch currently fits this need. Most circular Android Wear options seem too dressy for working out (Huawei, Urbane, 360 2nd gen). I started to look at the Moto 360 sport, but I've seen mixed reviews on battery life, heart rate reliability, etc.

Any suggestions and/or feedback from experience?

Thanks!
    03-15-2016 10:27 AM
    Loving my Huawei Watch, best looking one out there. Changed the strap with a rubber one for sports days :

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Best Android Wear Option?-34889.jpg  
    03-15-2016 12:01 PM
    I'm currently an iOS/Apple Watch user and have recently decided to switch to Android/Android Wear. I'm having a hard time finding the right Android Wear device for my needs, though. I'd like to get a circular designed watch...I know that much for sure. However, I am looking for a device that can work well in the office (to display upcoming events, etc.) but also work well as a fitness device. The Apple Watch currently fits this need. Most circular Android Wear options seem too dressy for working out (Huawei, Urbane, 360 2nd gen). I started to look at the Moto 360 sport, but I've seen mixed reviews on battery life, heart rate reliability, etc.

Any suggestions and/or feedback from experience?

Thanks!
    Hands down the LG watch urbane 2nd edition LTE. It is being re-released end of this month, with ATT getting it first.

I bought the original release version in November and have been using it to track my runs every day since. Mine has the best screen and screen resolution of any smartwatch today, at 480x480 px POLED screen without a flat tire, insanely long battery life, LTE, BT, WiFi, GPS, HRM (though the HRM does not work with Endomondo for me, and i have to put a sleeve or wristwallet between my small wrist and the watch to get a good GPS reading (may be a non issue if you have larger wrists), and it is unlocked so I could use foreign sim cards when overseas.

It uses up about 17% juice per hour when tracking my runs with GPS on and with music streaming from it to my BT headset. This is the best battery life when tracking there is for any smartwatch, to my knowledge. With cellular on, I lose more, depending on the area and the sim card i am using.

Again, I only have experience with the original release from November. The new release looks identical in pics, but they seem to have added NFC, so not sure what else has changed.
    Sony is also due to release the Smartwatch 4, which is rumored to include LTE as well.
    PookiePrancer likes this.
    03-22-2016 08:53 PM
    The Urbane LTE is a monster, and it's not very expensive relative to its main competition, the Huawei Watch or Moto 360 v2. That's the one I'd go for if I were buying now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    xendula likes this.
    03-22-2016 10:33 PM