So I have an Apple Watch and I love it! One of the killer features has been Pay since launch. I'm just dumbfounded as to why google left out Android Pay still in Android Wear 2.0. I know they just announced Android Pay last fall but I think it's a big missed opportunity especially since they're now stating they want to make the wearables more independent.

If I want I could go on a walk/run to Starbucks or the grocery store without my iPhone and be able to buy things just with my watch, that's awesome!

Would love to get back into Android and I'd definitely want an Android Wear watch but the lack of this is a deal breaker for me.

Just curious if anyone else feels somewhat the same.
    06-25-2016 09:27 PM
    Wow this forum is really dead. I mean 105 views and not one person has replied. Really makes me want to be apart of this community.
    06-27-2016 12:11 PM
    Do you want 105 "I don't know"s?

I found this easily enough: Android Pay will make its way onto Android Wear

Key quote: "It's not something we're ready to announce yet but we definitely believe in that use case," said Chang.
    06-27-2016 05:25 PM
    No LOL. Just some thoughts or opinions of people that may also be disappointed. I googled and got that article to finally show up.

Seems like Google would have made that a big part of 2.0.

They say "we know people want this" but where is it?
    06-27-2016 05:27 PM
    I think it's a chicken/egg problem since Google doesn't actually spec or build the devices unlike Apple. I think there's currently only one AW watch that has NFC (probably anticipating this future change) but to do the whole leave-phone-at-home-and-run-to-Starbucks would also require on-board phone-less data radio which requires a whole chunk more internal space and a bigger battery. I wouldn't count on many watches packing that feature until the power requirements go down or battery capacity goes up. These watches are too big already.
    06-27-2016 06:57 PM
    Personally I don't see any advantage (at least as far as convenience goes) to paying via wireless NFC versus paying with an actual card. Since I never go anywhere without my wallet and a couple CCs anyways.

Having been a victim of ID theft, credit fraud and having to repair my credit rating... no thanks I do not want that information on any electronic device. Least of all one thats as open source as Android. I don't care how secure everyone says it is, Apple or otherwise. I can not afford the additional risk. My credit rating BTW still has not fully recovered... 8^(
    06-30-2016 12:12 PM