I'm confuse - and need to know more

stonefox

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm confuse.

I have buy a Samsung Gear S3 Classic and use it as it was then I buy it.
But I read about "Android Wear" and interaktive functions on faces.

If I install "Android Wear" on My "Samsung Galaxy S7" will my watch still be the same as then I buy it , but give me the option to use other functions and Watch faces or is it a total other system, som I only can use "Android Wear" in the future ?

Is the any risk to do it (I have read about others who have installed "Android Wear" where your watch is crashing).

Good if I install it ?
Bad if I install it ?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
No, just installing the Android Wear app on your phone will not give you Android Wear on your watch. The watch OS is separate, that watch appears to use Samsung's Tizen OS. No, it wouldn't be as simple as just installing AW on the watch, it has to be built/coded for the device.

You're stuck with what's on the watch, if you want Android Wear features, you need a watch running Android Wear.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
More faces are introducing widgets or tap zones for apps in the Gear Store. Look around at some of the newer ones. I have one that'll open Messages, Calendar, Heart Rate, Battery Stats, Settings, and I can't even remember what else.

As for Android Wear: it'll be absolutely useless to you if you don't have an AW watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12