Android Wear 2.0 - Anyone Receive the Update Yet?

A

AC Question

I'm anxiously awaiting the AW 2.0 update -- has anyone received it yet? It's due to roll out today, Feb. 8th.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Are we expecting the rollout to be same day? Or will it be like other Android rollouts where it's announced and it rolls out over several weeks? Or is it like OS updates where the manufacturer still has to tweak it and we get it months later?

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I have the ZenWatch 3 and love it. Maybe they're rolling it out slowly like other updates. I just don't have any patience! LOL!

anon(8328984)

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The official Google announcement said "over the coming weeks". I'm still waiting for it on my Huawei Watch. I thought maybe it would get it today since it was one of the beta testing devices.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Zenwatch 3 is still on 1.5, but oddly enough the Android Wear app has been version 2.0.0.xxxxxxxxx since the Jan 25 update, and then it got another update on Feb 6.

Mungus99

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
My guess it was the app that is on 2.0, not the firmware on the watch. Android Wear phone app has been on 2.0 for quite a while

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a Huawei and I got the 2.0 update today on my phone. I installed it and opened the app for it to say I needed to connect a watch. I checked my watch and it was disconnected so I did a factory reset so I could reconnect it. Now the big problem... my watch wants to be put on the charger before I can proceed and I am at work while my charger is at home :(

I had to turn my watch off and wait until I get home. I cannot wait!!!!

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a Huawei and I got the 2.0 update today on my phone.

If you're talking about the app update to 2.0, that doesn't have anything to do with your watch. If you got a notification on your phone that there was an update for your watch, that's a different story.

Joseph Rubin

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
The Wear app, and the wear operating system(or OS) are 2 different things. Yes the wear app has been on version number 2..... for a while, but that has nothing to do with the OS number (you can see the exact OS version number, in the watch settings, under about, version. The top one in the list)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007