New to Android smart watches and have a notification question

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So I have a note 9 and I'm trying to find the right watch to pair with it. The S3 frontier is nice but no option to mute notification on the phone so I would have my phone ding then the watch would ding, kind of annoying. So I went out and got the Fossil Q explorist Gen 3, notifications on the phone are now quite but the watch only vibrates to let me know I've got a notification. I started to look at other watches like the Huawei watch 2 classic and it says vibration alert..... So is it all android smart watches that just vibrate to alert you to a notification?

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
It depends on both the watch model and the settings. Some watches have speakers to play sound and some do not. I have a ZenWatch 2 and I can set it to vibrate, or to play sound (or both). With my watch if I swipe from up to down from the main screen it pulls up a screen with a white sprocket at the top with buttons underneath. (from top left to bottom right : brightness, sound, battery saver, screen off, do not disturb, and airplane mode). I actually prefer to have my watch vibrate when a call or notification comes in as opposed to it playing sound, ring tone, or music.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463