Is there an easy way to create a watch face for a Wear OS watch?

I have a Fossil Gen 5 and have not been able to find an Analod/Digital watchface that I like.

I have no problem creating one in Android Studio but do not have a lot of experience with that coding environment.

I also tried a few of the face creator/editor apps and not one worked properly or the developer charged more than I could afford.

Recently I tried Facer but it has issues syncing with my watch and does not have the ability to add a unread notification indicator to a watchface

Any help is greatly appreciated
    03-28-2020 02:39 PM
    You could try Watch Face - Minimal & Elegant (although it isn't free, $1.99 isn't too steep).

I moved this from the Wear OS for iPhone forum to the main Wear OS forum.
    03-28-2020 05:21 PM
    You could try Watch Face - Minimal & Elegant (although it isn't free, $1.99 isn't too steep).

I moved this from the Wear OS for iPhone forum to the main Wear OS forum.
    I tried this app. It is HORRIBLE. Locked up phone any time I used it and slowed down the watch so that I had to reset it.
    This happened on two different wear os watches.

I contacted their support on several occasions and never received a reply
    03-28-2020 06:16 PM
    Ah well. I've used it before, just for pre-made watchfaces, and it generally worked for me (Pixel 3 XL, Michael Kors Access Grayson). But I like the watchfaces from WatchMaster better (you can't design your own on that app, though).
    03-28-2020 06:30 PM
    Ah well. I've used it before, just for pre-made watchfaces, and it generally worked for me (Pixel 3 XL, Michael Kors Access Grayson). But I like the watchfaces from WatchMaster better (you can't design your own on that app, though).
    Then watchmaster would not be of use. Besides I had nothing but trouble with that in the past.
    It was one of the worst apps I ever saw
    03-28-2020 07:41 PM
    I think the developer has abandoned it anyway, since there haven't been any updates for a while, and no new watchfaces. Still some nice watchfaces, though.

Maybe you could tell us which apps you've already tried, so that no one suggests something you've already had a bad experience with?
    03-28-2020 07:50 PM
    I think the developer has abandoned it anyway, since there haven't been any updates for a while, and no new watchfaces. Still some nice watchfaces, though.

Maybe you could tell us which apps you've already tried, so that no one suggests something you've already had a bad experience with?
    I use Watchmaker and it's allows you to customize watch faces
    03-29-2020 07:44 AM
    Yeah, I'm guessing the OP has tried that one already, since it's probably the #1 watchface app in the Play Store ...
    03-29-2020 12:36 PM
    Sorry for not providing more detail. I have tried the following to no avail:
    Facer, watchmaker, watchmaster.

But while looking at some watch faces yesterday I came across this amazing app called "Watch Face - Pujie Black - Wear OS & Galaxy Watch"

I messages the developer to ask some questions and he answered in a reasonable time and assured me that the app could do everything I wanted.

The app was only $2 so I decided to qive it a quick test before the refund time expired.

Turns out this app is fantastic! In about 15 min I created a quick watch face with all the features I wanted. I tinkered with it for a little bit and added some features to the watch face I never thought about.

This app is amazing, well supported and reasonably priced!!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-29-2020 02:27 PM
    Great, I'm glad you found something! I've seen Pujie mentioned a number of times as a good watchface app.
    03-29-2020 05:06 PM
    Sorry for not providing more detail. I have tried the following to no avail:
    Facer, watchmaker, watchmaster.

But while looking at some watch faces yesterday I came across this amazing app called "Watch Face - Pujie Black - Wear OS & Galaxy Watch"

I messages the developer to ask some questions and he answered in a reasonable time and assured me that the app could do everything I wanted.

The app was only $2 so I decided to qive it a quick test before the refund time expired.

Turns out this app is fantastic! In about 15 min I created a quick watch face with all the features I wanted. I tinkered with it for a little bit and added some features to the watch face I never thought about.

This app is amazing, well supported and reasonably priced!!
    Just curious but what is it that you like about the app compared to Watchmaker for customizing.
    03-29-2020 07:19 PM
    The great thing about the app is that it also can be used on Tizen watches. I have it and use it for both WearOS and Tizen.
    04-01-2020 09:00 AM