simpleway to create watchface

tonyvr4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Is there an easy way to create a watch face for a Wear OS watch?

I have a Fossil Gen 5 and have not been able to find an Analod/Digital watchface that I like.

I have no problem creating one in Android Studio but do not have a lot of experience with that coding environment.

I also tried a few of the face creator/editor apps and not one worked properly or the developer charged more than I could afford.

Recently I tried Facer but it has issues syncing with my watch and does not have the ability to add a unread notification indicator to a watchface

Any help is greatly appreciated

tonyvr4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
You could try Watch Face - Minimal & Elegant (although it isn't free, $1.99 isn't too steep).

I moved this from the Wear OS for iPhone forum to the main Wear OS forum.

I tried this app. It is HORRIBLE. Locked up phone any time I used it and slowed down the watch so that I had to reset it.
This happened on two different wear os watches.

I contacted their support on several occasions and never received a reply

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ah well. I've used it before, just for pre-made watchfaces, and it generally worked for me (Pixel 3 XL, Michael Kors Access Grayson). But I like the watchfaces from WatchMaster better (you can't design your own on that app, though).

tonyvr4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Ah well. I've used it before, just for pre-made watchfaces, and it generally worked for me (Pixel 3 XL, Michael Kors Access Grayson). But I like the watchfaces from WatchMaster better (you can't design your own on that app, though).

Then watchmaster would not be of use. Besides I had nothing but trouble with that in the past.
It was one of the worst apps I ever saw

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the developer has abandoned it anyway, since there haven't been any updates for a while, and no new watchfaces. Still some nice watchfaces, though.

Maybe you could tell us which apps you've already tried, so that no one suggests something you've already had a bad experience with?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think the developer has abandoned it anyway, since there haven't been any updates for a while, and no new watchfaces. Still some nice watchfaces, though.

Maybe you could tell us which apps you've already tried, so that no one suggests something you've already had a bad experience with?
I use Watchmaker and it's allows you to customize watch faces

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm guessing the OP has tried that one already, since it's probably the #1 watchface app in the Play Store ...

tonyvr4

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for not providing more detail. I have tried the following to no avail:
Facer, watchmaker, watchmaster.

But while looking at some watch faces yesterday I came across this amazing app called "Watch Face - Pujie Black - Wear OS & Galaxy Watch"

I messages the developer to ask some questions and he answered in a reasonable time and assured me that the app could do everything I wanted.

The app was only $2 so I decided to qive it a quick test before the refund time expired.

Turns out this app is fantastic! In about 15 min I created a quick watch face with all the features I wanted. I tinkered with it for a little bit and added some features to the watch face I never thought about.

This app is amazing, well supported and reasonably priced!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great, I'm glad you found something! I've seen Pujie mentioned a number of times as a good watchface app.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for not providing more detail. I have tried the following to no avail:
Facer, watchmaker, watchmaster.

But while looking at some watch faces yesterday I came across this amazing app called "Watch Face - Pujie Black - Wear OS & Galaxy Watch"

I messages the developer to ask some questions and he answered in a reasonable time and assured me that the app could do everything I wanted.

The app was only $2 so I decided to qive it a quick test before the refund time expired.

Turns out this app is fantastic! In about 15 min I created a quick watch face with all the features I wanted. I tinkered with it for a little bit and added some features to the watch face I never thought about.

This app is amazing, well supported and reasonably priced!!
Just curious but what is it that you like about the app compared to Watchmaker for customizing.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The great thing about the app is that it also can be used on Tizen watches. I have it and use it for both WearOS and Tizen.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I like the built in Fossil watch faces but the complications are microscopic. The auto brightness runs dim so I can't read the comications without turning up the brightness. I just wish I could make the complications bigger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781