Where does Nexus and Android Wear meet?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Nexus has been the tool Google uses to move android forward and where they want developers to go further. However the Nexus ecosystem has stayed in only two platforms. The two platforms have been smart phones and tablets. So where does Android Wear and Nexus idea meet?

Google is working on watch but I not sure it will be a Nexus Product simply because Google may have a different development strategy for Android Wear that the Nexus program does not work.

What your guys thoughts and questions on this topic.

My thoughts

Google has many Android projects like Chromebooks, Chrome Cast, Google TV and Google Glas however neither one of those projects involve the Nexus idea. The reason for this I believe is Google's Nexus strategy for phones and tablets won't work for their other projects because of demand. When the demand in particular tech segment is low it's hard to make device to lead charge when demand is giving you no direction to go. This answer why android versions are so speratic in other Google projects because they are updated as market needs. Android phone and tablet is always growing the Nexus strategy makes sense. If Android wear can duplicate what android did to smart phones then Nexus watch inevitable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
At this point anything is possible. Will we something branded as a Nexus wearable anytime soon? Not sure. I think we need to see what the first wave of wearable devices bring and how well these devices are supported.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I sincerely doubt a Nexus branded watch will make it to market.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.

Why? Do you mean specifically a "nexus" watch or do you think Google will make non nexus watch?

I feel Google will make watch but it wouldn't have to necessarily be a nexus watch.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Why? Do you mean specifically a "nexus" watch or do you think Google will make non nexus watch?

I feel Google will make watch but it wouldn't have to necessarily be a nexus watch.

I'm not ruling a Google watch out, but I'd be a little surprised. Nexus label is right out.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think a "Nexus" watch is necessary.

Posted via Android Central App

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't think a "Nexus" watch is necessary.

Google doesn't need to lead the android smart watch market like they do with the android smart phone market?

I'm not ruling a Google watch out, but I'd be a little surprised. Nexus label is right out.

"Nexus label is right out"

I don't understand what you meant here.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Google doesn't need to lead the android smart watch market like they do with the android smart phone market?

"Nexus label is right out"

I don't understand what you meant here.

Right out of the realm of probability.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Android phones with Google services existed before the Nexus One.

Yes but did Nexus devices didn't influence a change in android smartphone market?

So are Nexus original purpose as halo or lead devices irrelevant?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37