Samsung VS LG: Which One?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Now that these devices are out in the world, and if you've been lucky enough to actually use one or both, which one would you choose? LG's pioneer or Samsung's tag-along?

I was really disappointed when I saw the Moto360's screen (not fully circular and that dead chunk at the bottom), so I then turned to the square contenders. Personally, I'd lean for the Samsung on account of the added heart-rate monitor, the 'better' screen, and the lower price point (and since I own a Note 3, I feel it would play nicer than the LG), but I'm not ruling anything out just yet, even the Moto360 until I can actually see one in 'real life'.

Last edited:

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the Samsung one a few days back, can't wait for it to show up. I've only ever owned a Sony SmartWatch 2 so I'm looking forward to a nicer overall user experience with Google

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda wondering how the size and overall feel of the Samsung one fares. I've read that it's a bit uncomfortable because of the hard curvature when compared to LG's flat surface.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I always thought that the original Gear felt good, I never noticed any discomfort - plus I like the rubber strap. The Sony watch had a metal strap, which ripped my arm hair out everytime :)

I just think the Samsung design is better than a standard square that LG went with, I was disappointed that the Moto 360 had the bezel down the bottom, its all I look at when I see pictures of it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I always thought that the original Gear felt good, I never noticed any discomfort - plus I like the rubber strap. The Sony watch had a metal strap, which ripped my arm hair out everytime :)
OUCH! Hahaha that's why I gave up on metal straps myself (that and how harder they are to clean when you have them on 24/7). I also heard the Sammy one feels VERY sturdy.

I just think the Samsung design is better than a standard square that LG went with, I was disappointed that the Moto 360 had the bezel down the bottom, its all I look at when I see pictures of it.
EXACTLY!!! I know it's probably exaggerating, but I just can't stop looking at it! It's like a huge scar across the face. It's still a face, but you can't look away.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

Still think I'll take the tiny bar at the bottom of the 360 over the lg and Samsung with huge bezel all the way around.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
True, I hadn't seen it that way. :S

But still, if the bezel was "physical" it wouldn't bother me so much...but it's smack inside the screen :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar