Android Wear App Continuously Crashing

kugreg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I dont know if I am alone here, but I have a stock (4.4.4) Nexus 5 and a stock Samsung Gear Live wearable and it worked great for about a day. I woke up this morning with the app crashing ever few seconds and it was unable to communicate reliably between devices. Is anyone else seeing this problem? Is there a known issue I cant seem to find? Is there a work-around? Is there a way to contact Google about the app issues?

Samman99

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
You are not alone. This morning my GNote 3 began showing the error message "Unfortunately, Android Wear has stopped." Each time I cleared the message it popped back up again, endlessly. I rebooted my phone and rebooted my Samsung Gear Live watch--it made no difference, same message. Finally, I uninstalled the Android Wear app. When I reinstalled the app the error message instantly reappeared when I tried to open the app. The app info reports all data cleared, nothing cached, but the app still will not open and repeats the error message. I have removed the bluetooth connection and shut down the watch. App still faults instantly when I try to open it after reloading it fresh from the app store. Note 3 is on 4.4.4. Watch is now dead; can't use it as a watch until it is again able to talk to the app :(

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
hmm. same exact setup, stock nexus 5 running 4.4.4 and gear live w latest fw and zero crashes. hasn't been 24hrs yet tho, but still, zero app issues thus far

Samman99

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I received my last Monday. It worked fine until I woke up this morning. Something happened overnight. I suspect another application updated overnight and nuked the Gear Live app, but I have no idea what it might have been. I suspected a Sammy app, but since kugreg is running a Nexus that doesn't seem likely.

Samman99

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I found others with the problem in another forum. One with an S4 running 4.4.2 had the same problem. Later he said he discovered that Microsoft Exchange was the culprit. When he removed his Exchange account the app stopped failing and everything worked. I may try that to double check his results, but my phone is my work phone and Exchange is vital while Gear Live isn't. If this isn't fixed soon I'll return the watch and go back to my Samsung Gear which still works just fine.

anon(50290)

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if I am alone here, but I have a stock (4.4.4) Nexus 5 and a stock Samsung Gear Live wearable and it worked great for about a day. I woke up this morning with the app crashing ever few seconds and it was unable to communicate reliably between devices. Is anyone else seeing this problem? Is there a known issue I cant seem to find? Is there a work-around? Is there a way to contact Google about the app issues?

I can confirm that there is something related with the MS exchange account and the Android Wear app force closings. I've sent an email to Google from the appstore email provided in the Wear app profile telling them about this as well but who knows how long it'll be for them to look into the issue. Thanks for your info guys!

sjsamdrake

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. Got the watch last night; paired it with my Moto X. (The initial "sync" that the manual says might take 10 minutes took an hour - and I think three watch reboots - by the way.)

After that the Watch worked OK for about half an hour, then Android Wear on the phone started crashing every 10 seconds. I finally had to uninstall Android Wear to get it to stop. I managed to send a couple of problem reports to Google, though it was hard to do with all the crash popups.

I don't use Exchange, or the default Mail app at all (though I do use Gmail). I use K9-Mail for IMAP (work) email, as it gives more control over which emails generate notifications than the stock Mail client (this was important for my Pebble, and seems like it'll be important for Android Wear as well.)

So for now the Lg Watch is sitting in a desk drawer, totally unusable, until the Android Wear crashes are fixed. A truly awful "unboxing" experience.

...Sam

sjsamdrake

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I did a support chat with Android Wear support. They had me reboot everything, make sure the phone and the watch were at the latest releases, and clear the app cache. No changes. They then escalated the ticket to someone technical, and say I'll hear from them in 1-2 days by email.

I also asked when the deadline is to return the watch to Google Play; they say that for me it's 7/22 - so they have about a week to fix this before the watch needs to go back. :(

eventer289

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I did a support chat with Android Wear support. They had me reboot everything, make sure the phone and the watch were at the latest releases, and clear the app cache. No changes. They then escalated the ticket to someone technical, and say I'll hear from them in 1-2 days by email.

I also asked when the deadline is to return the watch to Google Play; they say that for me it's 7/22 - so they have about a week to fix this before the watch needs to go back. :(

Have you heard anything?

Posted via Android Central App

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I also have the same problem. The very second I remove my Exchange account, Android Wear stops crashing. I then force stopped, cleared cache and data for Exchange Services, Email, then restarted the phone. All is fine until I add the account back.

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I also have the same problem. The very second I remove my Exchange account, Android Wear stops crashing. I then force stopped, cleared cache and data for Exchange Services, Email, then restarted the phone. All is fine until I add the account back.

Update: I removed the Exchange account, installed CloudMagic email app, which supports Exchange, added my account to it. Been running for nearly 1.5 hours with no crashing Android Wear.

The only setback is no calendar.

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Cloud Magic is against security policy at work, so I uninstalled. Reset watch, unpaired on phone, reinstalled android Wear and started from scratch. All is well for now.

Samman99

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
The Android Wear app reloaded o.k. and worked for several days. Then, this morning, it repetitively failed again. I am returning the watch since it is of no value when the app does not work.

TechInfoQc

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Android Wear started crashing this morning..

I had a recurring appointment coming up at 9h, deleted the appointment, did an exchange sync and everything is working now.... I had deleted the yesterday occurrence of this appointment a few week back, maybe it don't handle this correctly.

Did any of you had any recurring appointment set on the day that the app started crashing?

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Android Wear started crashing this morning..

I had a recurring appointment coming up at 9h, deleted the appointment, did an exchange sync and everything is working now.... I had deleted the yesterday occurrence of this appointment a few week back, maybe it don't handle this correctly.

Did any of you had any recurring appointment set on the day that the app started crashing?
Yes, but I have recurring appointments all the time.

Will Harris1

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
oh no... my Android Wear app started crashing this morning...

don't have my watch yet but this is going to get in the way of my Moto360 purchase if there isn't a fix!

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Happened to mine again yesterday, which was two weeks exactly from the last time. Removed the account on the phone, then re-installed later that evening with no more problems.... until next time.

Can we all see if we have some consistencies between installs?
Galaxy S4
Android 4.4.2
Email 4.2 (Don't know if this is Samsung or Android email app)
Exchange Sync Services
Mobile Iron 6.0.0.1.12R (Company requirement)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC