Anyone else a little disappointed in Android Wear? What features are you waiting for?

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I know its in early stages and has a ton of potential, but I just thought it'd bring more to the table off the bat. The experience has been very "meh" so far and doesn't help that the first devices are so lacking in design.

I really want my phone to be unlocked when I am within bluetooth distance and lock when I am not.

I also feel google now needs to become much more intuitive on what I can ask it.

phatboy29m

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I agree. My Gear 2 Neo is much more useful right now. With that said, I do love the potential of Android Wear, and I'm gonna keep my Gear Live. Well, until the 360 is released, assuming it's not over $300... ;o)

Posted via Android Central App

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I like pieces of Android Wear, however I do like some other features currently in other smartwatches better... Its a trade off.

As mentioned by OP tho... It's still early yet.

Last edited:

xunilhr

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Everything has to start somewhere and I say this is a damn good start. Yes, there are a lot of things I have thought of in the last few days I wish it did, but I know it will come with innovation. However, I am excited for what it already has.

eprisencc

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I know its in early stages and has a ton of potential, but I just thought it'd bring more to the table off the bat. The experience has been very "meh" so far and doesn't help that the first devices are so lacking in design.

I really want my phone to be unlocked when I am within bluetooth distance and lock when I am not.

I also feel google now needs to become much more intuitive on what I can ask it.

You can use pebble locker to unlock when you are in proximity of the watch. The distance is a little too far for my liking to stay unlock but it works.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

eprisencc

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Android wear is a little too simple right now. Its mostly a second screen for notifications. I was expecting more.

eprisencc

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Where is google voice support? I can't respond to gv messages from the watch. I don't have text messaging with my carrier. I use gv exclusively.

bujin

May 16, 2014
Visit site
On some phones (such as my Moto X) you can set your watch as a trusted device, and the phone will be unlocked when the watch is near.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Where is google voice support? I can't respond to gv messages from the watch. I don't have text messaging with my carrier. I use gv exclusively.

They likely haven't put time into making it work with Voice because they're working on integrating Voice into Hangouts. Why invest time into a version of a product that's going away soon?