How is Android Wear impacting your phone battery life

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering...with all the notifications on your wrist are you using your phone less and getting a better battery life for your phone?

Thanks

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
for me, it's impacting it in a good way. The phone stays in my pocket more and the screen is used less. I have several bluetooth devices, so bluetooth has been on since day one, the ware app does not seem to consume much battery

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
for me, it's impacting it in a good way. The phone stays in my pocket more and the screen is used less. I have several bluetooth devices, so bluetooth has been on since day one, the ware app does not seem to consume much battery

Same experience here. Looking at my battery stats for the day (about 16-17 hours since plugged in, G Watch connected the entire time). My screen has used 35% of the battery. Bluetooth has used about 4%, including listening to music over BT for about 20 minutes this afternoon. The Android Wear app isn't even registering. For what it's worth, battery level on the watch is at 45%.

SmartwatchFan

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
The second screen (Watch) saves a lot of battery life for me. Screen consumption went down from 30% to 10%.

Bluetooth is not even shown in stats so thats a very low consumption even throughout a whole day.

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
The second screen (Watch) saves a lot of battery life for me. Screen consumption went down from 30% to 10%.

Bluetooth is not even shown in stats so thats a very low consumption even throughout a whole day.

That's good to hear. It would suck if having a smartwatch paired via bluetooth ran down the battery of the phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Prey521

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Bad battery life for me on my OnePlus One. The UID wakelock (for the BT connection between the phone and watch) is at the top of the list in Wakelock detector and killing my otherwise awesome battery life. I have a Moto360.

Machoua Yang

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Bad battery life for me on my OnePlus One. The UID wakelock (for the BT connection between the phone and watch) is at the top of the list in Wakelock detector and killing my otherwise awesome battery life. I have a Moto360.

Same here. I had over 5000 wakelocks with wld.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dwayne Hurst

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
My story is not so good. I have an LG G3 mobile. Usually my mobile has about 40-50% battery left when I go to bed at night. I received my LG G Watch R the other day. On day one my mobile was 0% battery at 2PM. The watch battery was at 0% by 5PM. Also my mobile ran very hot all day and restarted unprompted 3 times. Upon doing the troubleshooting I uninstalled Android Wear etc and did all the recommendations. Unfortunately for me this made no difference. After 3 days my watch is sitting in the box and I have uninstalled Android Wear from my mobile. Very disappointing because the watch works very nicely, but the impact on battery for me is not even close to acceptable.

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Android wear ate my battery for lunch it used 42% of my battery I did allot of looking through forums and found something about google play services and I uninstalled updated on it and updated it again and since then android wear doesn't even show up as a percentage in the battery settings

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Android wear ate my battery for lunch it used 42% of my battery I did allot of looking through forums and found something about google play services and I uninstalled updated on it and updated it again and since then android wear doesn't even show up as a percentage in the battery settings

Nvm it popped back up and it is using 27% of my battery and my phone just died at 2:30 PM Google needs to fix this somehow!

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I think my battery life has slightly decreased on my Moto X (2013). It hasn't affected it too much tho.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I felt it negatively impacted the battery life on my Nexus 5 but on the Nexus 6 I have seen no visible degradation.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jackseric

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is actually improved since adding my watch. Like others, I've got the phone in my hand and display on so much less I'm getting WAY better battery life.

ebarr727

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Android Wear seems to be eating up my GS5's battery! Not linking it. Before the watch, I was able to get through the day with about 30-40% battery left at the end of the day. Now it's much less to the point that I must recharge before going to bed!

However, initially the watch was getting very low by day's end. Now my Urbane is only down about 50% at the end of the day. I played around with different watch faces and I created one with a black face and very minimal/small/thin hands and markers. As of this morning at 7 AM when I disconnected from the charger, for example, it's 5:30 PM and I still have 70% life.

Galaxy S5 - LG G Watch Urbane

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
My M8 phone battery has definitely taken a hit since I got my Moto 360 - never turned the bluetooth on before I got it so I'm not sure if it is the bluetooth or Android Wear or a combination. Used to end the day at midnight with over 50% battery left on the phone, now I hit 50% by mid-afternoon.