Store Music on Device

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
The specs say there is 4 GB of internal memory. Are we going to be able to store music locally? This would be great to take running with selected tunes on your wrist and bluetooth earbuds.

My perfect device would be able to replace my GPS watch, my pedometer, give me actionable notifications, and play on board music in a package that could be worn in an office setting.

Hopefully a music app is on the way and we can look forward to GPS versions (provided they can make them small enough) in future versions of Android Wear devices.

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Actually very useful... With the gear 2 line, for example, one can store music on the watch, stream it to bluetooth headphones, and control everything on the watch. This really comes in handy when mountain biking. The phone can stay stashed or left in the car.

Posted via Android Central App

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Actually very useful... With the gear 2 line, for example, one can store music on the watch, stream it to bluetooth headphones, and control everything on the watch. This really comes in handy when mountain biking. The phone can stay stashed or left in the car.

Except for the fact that you can't pair your headphones with the watch.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Except for the fact that you can't pair your headphones with the watch.

Why couldn't you? Are you saying there is a technical reason or it is not currently supported. There are Bluetooth 4.0 LE headphones available so based on specs it is possible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Why couldn't you? Are you saying there is a technical reason or it is not currently supported. There are Bluetooth 4.0 LE headphones available so based on specs it is possible.

Have you seen anywhere in the settings on your watch where you can pair a BLE device? So at the moment, it's simply not supported.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you seen anywhere in the settings on your watch where you can pair a BLE device? So at the moment, it's simply not supported.

Not supported, but technically possible. The thread is about whether we will see it supported. From your original post I was curious if you knew a reason it couldn't be done from a technical perspective, but it seems there still is potential for it music storage and Bluetooth pairing to be enabled in future updates.

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not supported, but technically possible. The thread is about whether we will see it supported. From your original post I was curious if you knew a reason it couldn't be done from a technical perspective, but it seems there still is potential for it music storage and Bluetooth pairing to be enabled in future updates.

Possibly technically possible, but you probably shouldn't hold your breath for it. I can't imagine that Google wants to go in that direction for Android Wear in the immediate term.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I am not saying you are right or wrong. I am definitely curious about where this goes.

I would think they have something planned for the 4 GBs. Otherwise swiping notifications that can't be checked after you swipe them away is not much of a product.

I will be keeping my Gear Live to see how it evolves and hopeful there is more to come.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I am not saying you are right or wrong. I am definitely curious about where this goes.

I would think they have something planned for the 4 GBs. Otherwise swiping notifications that can't be checked after you swipe them away is not much of a product.

I will be keeping my Gear Live to see how it evolves and hopeful there is more to come.

I agree there is (hopefully) much more to come on Android Wear and this current hardware. If I remember correctly, you couldn't check a dismissed notification on pebble either after the fact and that was solved later as well.

Just my .02... Optimistic (and hopeful) for the future.

eprisencc

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Why wouldn't just pair the bluetooth device to the phone? Why would you need to pair it with the watch? Your music is already stored on the phone and once you pair it, your done.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Why wouldn't just pair the bluetooth device to the phone? Why would you need to pair it with the watch? Your music is already stored on the phone and once you pair it, your done.

Because I don't want to bring the phone.

SmartwatchFan

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Well, it seems like you need to wait until it will be possible to pair the watch with something else then a phone. Maybe this will work in the future hopefully. But so far I think a nice wear app to choose music is what you need to think about. I know you would need your phone but you can keep it anywhere and use your bluetooth headphones with your phone and choose the right music on your watch.

I'm waiting for an app that is well-conceived in how to choose songs on the small watchscreen.

gglez

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Android Wear is useless without the phone. If all you want to do is tell time then you might be happy.

ever heard of a gym? a phone is useless and a hassle at the gym. Checking the time, listening to music, and possibly a stopwatch all on your wrist and out of the way is very useful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara