Getting harder to wait for the 360

Even4steven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I want the watch now !!!

Part of my enjoyment is in being an early adopter and getting in on the ground floor. The thrill of discovery and early coolness.

I am starting to get the itch for an impulse purchase of the Samsung, waiting is not my strong suit.

If I wait a few months and am disappointed with the 360 I will be aggravated to say the least.

Anybody else thinking of caving in?

Steve

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Me too. Was looking at the g watch though (due to that charging thing). Wish we had a release date.

Posted via Android Central App

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Stop your crying and just go pick up one them! LOL. They are not THAT expensive. If you prefer the 360 once it comes out, sell your LG/Samsung to some other person who is waiting on the next best thing. ;-)

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Oddly, I find myself going the other way. After the rather weak reviews on both the Live and the G watch, I am finding it difficult to want either. While I like the idea, it sounds like they are not quite ready yet. So, I'm (maybe not so) patiently waiting for the 360, hoping it will solve some of the issues that the Live and G watch have.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
None of these first generation watched look good. The moto 360 looks the best design wise but it is rather thick. Even with a better design the moto 360 cannot hide the fact that android wear isn't quite ready for prime time.

We are probably one year away from where we start seeing android wear a complete complementary OS to our smart phones and two years from experience we expected from our smart watched

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
i too am getting ready to cave....If Best buy gets them in store it will be over.

I want the watch now !!!

Part of my enjoyment is in being an early adopter and getting in on the ground floor. The thrill of discovery and early coolness.

I am starting to get the itch for an impulse purchase of the Samsung, waiting is not my strong suit.

If I wait a few months and am disappointed with the 360 I will be aggravated to say the least.

Anybody else thinking of caving in?

Steve

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Oddly, I find myself going the other way. After the rather weak reviews on both the Live and the G watch, I am finding it difficult to want either. While I like the idea, it sounds like they are not quite ready yet. So, I'm (maybe not so) patiently waiting for the 360, hoping it will solve some of the issues that the Live and G watch have.
I'm with mogelijk. Too many times I've been burned as an early adopter. Bought something on release of a new system then a few months later some really terrific gear hits the market to take best advantage of it -- but I'm struggling on with a device that's "good but not quite there yet."

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought the G watch last night from best buy. I didn't want to wait any more. I love the g watch and android wear, but not as much as Glass.

fridgey100

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I've given up! G watch ordered. Black titan to be delivered mid next week.

Now how to explain to the Mrs that I've ordered another bit of tech !! Suggestions welcome ??

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I've given up! G watch ordered. Black titan to be delivered mid next week.

Now how to explain to the Mrs that I've ordered another bit of tech !! Suggestions welcome ??

Something went wrong with the old one.... The dog ate it... Oh, it was on sale!.... Any of this working? :)

Hehe. J/K... Enjoy!

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
One Plus One round face watch might get released first.

Considering how little we've seen of the 1+1, I doubt it. Motorola may be taking its sweet time, but they surely aren't going to be THAT slow.

I love android wear too, hope that it can add a speaker for alert or playing music.

I can see some reasons for having a speaker, but playing music isn't one of them.

A) a speaker small enough to fit in a watch is going to have horrible sound.
B) people walking around with music playing from their watches is just obnoxious and annoying.

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
C) Having the watch connected by Bluetooth to the phone does not cancel audible alerts or music from the phone (or does it?). How far from the phone is the smartwatch wearer going to be?

wingoku

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
If you want to enjoy
Moto 360 style launcher​
on your current Android Wear device, try Swipify.

multitasker.png

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87