Ok google ok google ok google ok google ok google ok google ok...

Litlprince2

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I HATE SAYING OK GOOGLE!

Well hate is a bit strong. But it really seems out of place. Its feels like such an unnatural thing to say. Its two words that when used together like that are so out of my normal ... speech pattern?... that it leaves me feeling awkward. Especially when used as a.. header or command phrase... to be followed by further instruction.

Does anyone else feel this way? and would you also like to see some options in the near future? Maybe a list of accepted phrases or a tool to record/ recognize your own custom phrase or sound.

Last edited:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I think it being a phrase you'd never use is kind of the point - to prevent accidental activations. That said, I too would like to see custom options available.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I actually agree here. "OK Google" just seems rather jarring honestly. The Xbox One just has you saying "XBox <command>" as an example. While "OK Google" is definitely unique, it just doesn't seem like a natural phrase to say, and I often find myself just tapping the screen to launch voice search instead.

"OK Droid" would be better, but obviously Lucasfilm wouldn't like that too much (Verizon paid to be able to use the Droid name).

Custom options would be nice

andreo

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather say okay Google vs the "Hi Galaxy" command that Samsung uses for S-Voice activation. That used to drive me nuts and I simply refused to use it.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with YAYTech here. It's like the '' Control-Alt-Delete '' of the Android Wear world. Not exactly hitting that by accident. The only time OK Google has ever come out of my mouth is when my fat white body was too lazy to grab my phone...

Posted via Android Central App

Litlprince2

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I'd rather say okay Google vs the "Hi Galaxy" command that Samsung uses for S-Voice activation. That used to drive me nuts and I simply refused to use it.

But dont forget that Samsung allows you to set a custom wake command... Although a custom command has a higher fail rate, its still a huge plus.. And something i would like to see in google now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12