No app to collect step tracking yet?!?!

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey wondering if anyone has found an app that will take the pedometer data from the watch and use it in a more broad form of a health app like perhaps LG Health app for instance?

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Gear 2. It does have a pedometer and it connects with the app Fitness with Gear. Works pretty darn good.

FaintDeftone

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, the only smartwatch that will sync pedometer data to an app on your phone is the Samsung Gear line, excluding the Gear Live. No Android Wear watches do this yet, but please correct me if I'm wrong and let me know how so I can use it too :)

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
There is an Android Wear app for this HERE called "Steps Assistant". Unfortunately, it doesn't sync properly or show the correct steps information on either my LG G Watch or the Moto 360 :( .

Hopefully, the Dev gets it fixed tho.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Mainstream app development for Wear has been terrible thus far. I would love for Fitbit, Garmin, etc. to embrace these wearable and create software for them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Jawbone up or Google fit would be my suggestions.

Some smartwatches (like the Asus ZenWatch) even have their own built in step trackers exclusive to that watch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae