Kairos Smartwatch wil not support Android Wear

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I reach out to the company after hearing the Com 1 issues because I saw that their website no longer had any mention of wear whatsoever. This is the email response I received:

We had a meeting with Google at their head office. Unfortunately the min. resolution that is required is 180dpi and ours is 128dpi. Our screen, being transparent OLED, can't get that level of DPI. Android Wear was always designed for high intensive processing and displays. The downside is that you lose out on battery life severely. 1-2 days max.

Both Google and Kairos wants to work together but technical limitations on the display has limited us from doing so at this time.
We are working on our Kairos OS platform which runs on RTOS platform - similar to Pebble. So it will still have all the basic functions and features and we are already getting a lot of support from major app development companies. It just won't be as large as Android Wear

I was a big bummed to hear this news.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I reach out to the company after hearing the Com 1 issues because I saw that their website no longer had any mention of wear whatsoever. This is the email response I received:

We had a meeting with Google at their head office. Unfortunately the min. resolution that is required is 180dpi and ours is 128dpi. Our screen, being transparent OLED, can't get that level of DPI. Android Wear was always designed for high intensive processing and displays. The downside is that you lose out on battery life severely. 1-2 days max.

Both Google and Kairos wants to work together but technical limitations on the display has limited us from doing so at this time.
We are working on our Kairos OS platform which runs on RTOS platform - similar to Pebble. So it will still have all the basic functions and features and we are already getting a lot of support from major app development companies. It just won't be as large as Android Wear

I was a big bummed to hear this news.

Thanks for that info. I cannot believe they are going with 128 dpi.... Moto360 is already kinda bad when compared to recent phones/tablets. Since it's a round watch with at least 60 possible angles for watch hands, etc., the screen really shows it's pixels. I mean, this is the reason Asian characters look so good on 4K screens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38