iHeart Radio Constant Card

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. The iHeart radio app is constantly sending a recently played stations card to my G-Watch. I've muted the app so hopefully that fixes the problem. I haven't used the iHeart app in weeks so it hasn't been running. I don't know if it was a bug or this is what they think is good android wear design but its annoying. If it is working as intended I hope more apps don't adopt this.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I hate this behavior and I think it's a 'feature' of Android Wear. Whenever a music player is, well, playing, the music card is ALWAYS on the watch. And it blocks the watchface... grrrr... And of course you can't make it go away. I don't use iHeart Radio but it happens with Spotify, the stock music player, and Play Music. So annoying.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. The iHeart radio app is constantly sending a recently played stations card to my G-Watch. I've muted the app so hopefully that fixes the problem. I haven't used the iHeart app in weeks so it hasn't been running. I don't know if it was a bug or this is what they think is good android wear design but its annoying. If it is working as intended I hope more apps don't adopt this.

I had the same experience. I even closed all apps on the phone but was still getting random iHeartradio cards. I really don't use iheart much so I uninstalled the app.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
The problem Im experiencing is its sending the card when the apps not open. Its just always there like an ad for iHeartradio reminding me its there. I even have notifications disabled on the iHeart phone app. Muting iHeart seems to have fixed it though.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is it playing music? If so, even though the app is not open, that's why you'd be getting notifications. Also, if there are any notifications coming through to your phone, they would show up in your watch (unless, like you said, you mute the right service).
Muting a music app, however, DOES NOT stop the music controls notification on your watch, unfortunately.

letsgoflyers81

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Is it playing music? If so, even though the app is not open, that's why you'd be getting notifications. Also, if there are any notifications coming through to your phone, they would show up in your watch (unless, like you said, you mute the right service).
Muting a music app, however, DOES NOT stop the music controls notification on your watch, unfortunately.

I've been seeing this too, and it happens when iHeartRadio is no open or playing music. The would be no activity at all, but the notification card comes up on my watch. I can dismiss it, but it will come back later, even if I don't launch iHeartRadio at all. I haven't seen any other app do this unless it's supposed to, like for weather updates.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you swipe iheartradio away in the recent apps list on your phone? I've had google play music send me notifications on bluetooth reconnect and swiping it out of recent apps stops this.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Thats just it. Its not even in the recent apps list on my phone. The app on my phone hasn't been opened or used in weeks. Even restarting the watch and phone didn't stop thd notification from showing up on the watch.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep I'm having the same issue. Haven't used Iheart in awhile but it keeps showing up in the watch as a notification. It's annoying

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid