Pulling up old texts - can it be done?

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm planning on moving away from my galaxy phone, which means losing functionality from my Gear 2 Neo watch. So I'm looking at the LG G R watch or the Asus Zenwatch (hoping it hits today or soon). I have a question about Android Wear functionality, since 2 people I know that have the 360 and G R watches can't seem to do this: (user error? )

Can you pull up old texts on the watch? On my Gear Neo I can go the text app on the watch and my whole recent history is there. I can read and respond to any of them at that point. Can that be done with Android Wear? At worst, if I get a text from someone, can I then pull old texts from that contact?
Lastly, can you respond directly to the text or do you have to go through the whole "OK Google, text so-and-so, ..."

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning on moving away from my galaxy phone, which means losing functionality from my Gear 2 Neo watch. So I'm looking at the LG G R watch or the Asus Zenwatch (hoping it hits today or soon). I have a question about Android Wear functionality, since 2 people I know that have the 360 and G R watches can't seem to do this: (user error? )

Can you pull up old texts on the watch? On my Gear Neo I can go the text app on the watch and my whole recent history is there. I can read and respond to any of them at that point. Can that be done with Android Wear? At worst, if I get a text from someone, can I then pull old texts from that contact?
Lastly, can you respond directly to the text or do you have to go through the whole "OK Google, text so-and-so, ..."

Thanks!

http://phandroid.com/2014/11/06/7-things-i-hate-about-android-wear/

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!

Install the app 'Wear Messenger'. Also, if you get a text, swipe to the left and you see a history from that person.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Get wear messanger it's worth the dollar 24

Posted via Nexus 7 2013 or verizon Galaxy S5 or maybe one day through my moto 360

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech