Swipe keyboard on Android wear's roadmap?

tl600f4i

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
So after playing with the Gear S and finding the OS to be a tad clunky and not as clean and intuitive as the Android Wear's OS, I returned the watch and am going to stick with the Moto 360. The only thing I truly miss from the Gear S was the swipe keyboard for replying to text messages. I fell in love with the quickness and usability to do a quick reply to a text without pulling out my phone. I really hope there is something down the pipe for a keyboard that will integrate with text messages.

I've seen applications like minimal keyboard as well as Microsoft put out prototypes but correct me if I'm wrong but there really isnt any text messaging applications for A-W that support text input. If there is, I may very well try it out. Let me know, thanks!

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
So after playing with the Gear S and finding the OS to be a tad clunky and not as clean and intuitive as the Android Wear's OS, I returned the watch and am going to stick with the Moto 360. The only thing I truly miss from the Gear S was the swipe keyboard for replying to text messages. I fell in love with the quickness and usability to do a quick reply to a text without pulling out my phone. I really hope there is something down the pipe for a keyboard that will integrate with text messages.

I've seen applications like minimal keyboard as well as Microsoft put out prototypes but correct me if I'm wrong but there really isnt any text messaging applications for A-W that support text input. If there is, I may very well try it out. Let me know, thanks!
Try the app Wear Messenger.

tl600f4i

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Good to know, however is it even practical at this point to try a keyboard or is there hope in the future for a keyboard launch for Android Wear. I'm seriously considering going back to the Galaxy Gear S because of the amazing keyboard on that. Big cons for that decision, but I am hoping Android wear or a third party will unveil something worth using.