No Email Notifications on Moto 360 paired to Galaxy S3 - Solved

joelmatt89

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I had an issue with this and couldn't find any similar topics in any forums online. I figured it out so I thought I would post my solution here. My issue was that I was getting all the notifications on my watch accept for my outlook account and hotmail account. One is work and one is personnel, I use the default email app for my outlook (setup by my work) and i use the microsoft outlook app for my hotmail. I prefer to use different apps so I can see different notifications in the notification bar. What was unusual though is every other app was sending notifications to my phone except these two. After messing around for a couple days I realized what was stopping the notifications... on the default mail app under menu>settings>manage accounts>"account name" there are three notification settings at the bottom. I had "email notifications" checked and "vibrate" checked but for audible notifications I had "silent" selected. For whatever reason on silent mode even though the phone vibrates and an icon appears on the notification bar it will not send the notification to the watch. As soon as you switch it to the "default sound" notifications come through to the watch. Also for whatever reason with that setting changed my hotmail emails come through as well. I am sure somewhere out there will at some point have the same problem so hopefully this thread will save someone some time.