Latest version - I can no longer find the battery status! Where did it go and how can I get it back?

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Latest version - I can no longer find the battery status!

Just installed latest Android Wear app (1.4.0.2412408.gms). No watch battery status that I can find. Can anyone tell me where it went?

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Latest version - I can no longer find the battery status!

Just installed latest Android Wear app (1.4.0.2412408.gms). No watch battery status that I can find. Can anyone tell me where it went?

See below from Tech Times re change log:

After installing the Android Wear 1.4 update, what most users would first notice is the removal of the screen within the app which shows the battery statistics for the different Android Wear-powered devices of users. For those that have been regularly using the screen to check up on battery life, it has unfortunately been taken out and is not likely to be returned in future updates.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I guess the next question is where can I get the prior APK? Since this version does nothing extra that I need or use I could go back to the prior version without losing anything valuable.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Which version exactly did you back to? Also I read on here in another thread that some people are speculating that the watch itself will have the ability to view the battery stats directly on it and that's why battery stats were removed from the app. This doesn't do any good for us right now unfortunately, and who knows if its even true.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Which version exactly did you back to? Also I read on here in another thread that some people are speculating that the watch itself will have the ability to view the battery stats directly on it and that's why battery stats were removed from the app. This doesn't do any good for us right now unfortunately, and who knows if its even true.

Haven't done it yet but it would be 1.3.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

THEY'RE BACK!!

I just updated to 1.4.0.2470307.gms and Battery Stats are back in Android Wear!

Yay!

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
So much for putting the stats on the watch I guess. I'm glad it's back. Also I noticed now there is a toggle switch to turn off the wear app connection to the watch so it doesn't continuously try to connect to a watch that isn't on or one you don't want it to connect to. This is a really nice feature to have.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
So much for putting the stats on the watch I guess. I'm glad it's back. Also I noticed now there is a toggle switch to turn off the wear app connection to the watch so it doesn't continuously try to connect to a watch that isn't on or one you don't want it to connect to. This is a really nice feature to have.

Where do you see the toggle?

Posted via the Android Central App

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
In the general settings menu (the little gear icon) click on the watch name for that particular watches settings and its the first option in there.

This menu? Still don't see it.. Maybe it only appears when more than one watch is paired? Toggle would let me turn off connection when my watch is charging but I still have my phone... The messages get really annoying.

Attachments

• 1920.jpg
    1920.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 32

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Click on Asus zenwatch. That brings you to the watch specific settings. The toggle is in there.

You mean the "connected" toggle? Pretty sure it's always been there. Thought there was a new toggle that would let that message not come up when disconnected because the watch is not nearby.. Sorry.

Attachments

• 1945.jpg
    1945.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 24

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
No as far as I know it wasn't there before? Maybe I'm wrong. I thought it was there in a version af Android wear a while back and then they removed it only to bring it back again in this version

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira