Best Android Apps For Smart Watches

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved to the Android Wear forum (unless your'e also asking about non-Android Wear smartwatches).

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Find My Phone is a must. If you ever walk away from your phone, your watch will vibrate to notify you. If you have your phone but walk away from your watch, your phone will notify you that you left your watch.

I've had many times where i left my phone in my car mount and i rush out of the car without grabbing my phone. I get about 30 feet and my watch vibrates reminding me. Invaluable.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=net.nickapps.wear.findmyphone&token=GT9_h4Ml

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
+1 for Stay Lit Wear. One of those apps where you think "Why is this not a standard feature?" Since using it I've found little reduction in battery life. I always get two days from my Huawei Watch. Could probably push to 3 days if I changed my brightness settings and usage habits, but... naaah; 2 will do.

lephils

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
A few that I use:
Wear mini launcher
Stay lit, as mentioned above
Coffee, for SMS
Calculator (there are a lot to choose from)
Calendar for wear
Showear, to lock your watch
"Lock my phone", to lock the phone from the watch
Aeris weather

Plus some "regular" apps that are useful on wear:
Google maps
Google keep
Stock timer
Stock chronometer
View ranger
Play music

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
wearable widgets (I use it to have a widget that shows me my most recent emails), audio recorder ( for a quick note), feel the wear (to make vibrations longer), holo compass (if you have need for a compass), water drink reminder, wear charging (shows status of charging and gives alert when done), and wear volume (control volume from watch)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz