Any current Android Wear watches come with cameras?

jerrysweet

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I have an older smartwatch (not Android Wear) that I wish to replace. It has a handy camera in it. Nothing current seems to have that feature. Anyone know if such a thing is currently being offered by the mainstream manufacturers?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, no cameras on watches since Samsung's big attempt. It just wasn't up to par with phone's cameras, added bulk, and proved to be a privacy nightmare, so most decided to cut them from their plans.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Sadly no. That's why I sometimes schlepp my Gear 1 (with full Android flash) on my other wrist when I am out on the trails, but the image quality is shoddy.

I keep hoping someone will make a good wearable camera that isn't awkward to run with (like it is with the GoPros and GoPro wannabes, which you have to place inside a bulky plastic case before you can even attach it to anything at all). I also tried the Polaroid cube, but the shape it still awkward and in the way.

Still waiting for someone to release a good wristworn camera. I don't think an AW wear watch with a camera is ever going to hit the market again :(

suryakumar1

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, thanks just known that samsung uses tizen os, and I didn't predict another mentioned PTron smart watch or U8 smart watches which are low cost chinese products.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463