Small wristed users are getting shafted

slev

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I have an S2 Classic (I know, not Android Wear) but between the new Zenwatch and the new S3 us small wristed users are basically being told to f-off. Nearly every new smart watch is now 44mm or bigger. I get the main consumers are men... but as a small wristed man... I guess they don't want my business? It just seems short sighted to only design these watches in giant sizes.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
With the hardware they are cramming up there, the watches are just big :( They do offer smaller wristbands (and most have opted to let you use any standard connector wristband now) but the watch still looks big.

It's just like phone screens: bigger is where the money is. Obviously their sales forecast for smaller screens (and smaller watches) is not enough to warrant a second line. They're a business, after all.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Moto 360 2nd gen 42 mm watch which fits well on my thin wrist. I have a feeling watch manufacturers will be coming out with thinner, smallish smart watches in the near future to meet demand.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thinner, yes. Smaller, wouldn't be too sure about that. With all the information and features we're packing on these things now, a small screen is just not ideal anymore (just look at how barren a Pebble looks compared to smart watches now)