Is there New Android Wear Hardware on the Way?

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Waiting patiently for some new android wear devices. I read everywhere that the LG watch style and sport are the best right now. I like the features in the sport, but I prefer the design of the style. Basically I don't want to buy either. With holiday season quickly approaching, I'm assuming there are new ones on the way?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean as in hardware, like SoC and memory or as in different models of watches? If you mean different watch models, there have been many released over the last six months, mostly by designer models.

Some examples include Mont Blanc, Movado, an updated Tag Hauer Connect, Diesel, Nixon, Fossil and Casio. Seems like the designer labels are all in on AW 2.0. Based on what was announced at Bassel World (the annual big international watch exhibition in Switzerland), there are more coming. Some of these choices are pretty expensive.

I don't think there will be any big hardware changes coming in the near future. The current SoC and hardware configuration is still fairly new.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I just picked up a Ticwatch E from Mobvoi, to replace my Huawei watch, which began having difficulty getting charged. The price was great ($128, reduced from regular $160 price), and while I've only used it two days, so far it appears to be very nice. The heart rate monitor can work continuously during a workout, and it has built in GPS that appears to work very well.

Still working on battery life. I've been told that you need to drain it completely the first 3 or 4 times you charge it. I'll try to update this by the weekend.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfysr32G_SY
Ticwatch S & E | Hands-On - YouTube
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mobvoi/ticwatch-s-and-e-a-truly-optimized-smartwatch
Ticwatch S & E: A Truly Optimized Smartwatch by Mobvoi ...

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
The best watch in my opinion if you don't care about a heartbeat reader is the Asus Zenwatch 3 with a flashed 1.5 AW rom.

It's slim, stylish and solid battery life. AW 2.0 is a mess, more swipes to read and dismiss notifications. Instead of swiping to the left to get to the app drawer that now changes the watch face...WTH? Some of the UI changes are nice but the process flow is mind boggling. A watch should be present the info with minimal interaction and with 2.0 they added more

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
just purchased the tic s to try android 2.0 I have a gear s3 now as my main go to watch but I am loving the notifications on tic only wished it had NFC so I could use android pay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon