Archos G9

HeadAcheJoe

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Anybody pre-order one of these, or have gotten their mitts on one? I've seen some hands-on both here at AC and ArcTablet.com.

Seems to be superior quality to their previous gen tablets. But, the ironic part is that I've been scared off ARCHOS by previous gen offerings. Wondering if the new G9's deserve another look?

crashmw

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Good question. Also sitting on the fence. I have the 101 and 70it and neither are what I would call stable, though the 101 is or has been behaving lately. The 70 is the red headed step child in our household. We use them for video playing in the car for the baby (soon to be babies) and boy do we hear it when it just decides to reboot for no known reason. -happens far to frequently.

BUT -spending big dollars for something that should just playback videos will not fly in our household either. Hence, the reason I was able to even get the Archos units...

fevetbeing

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Archos G9 looks great. It's truly better than previous pieces. Searched around but haven't found any info. about the RAM of this unit? Anyone? Really want to know whether it's 1Gb RAM for 1.5Gb processor or just 512Mb.

HeadAcheJoe

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Archos' Facebook page confirmed 512MB, but claims their software guys have "optimized" their HC port to play nice.

Remains to be seen. I'm waiting for full on review and/or some real world feedback.

I'd even pull the trigger on the 1ghz 8GB, if reviews are good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670