Archos 50 Platinum bricked?

Moto321

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys. I just found this smartphone a few days ago. As it had a security pattern I tried to unlock it by doing some intends (tipical patterns that came to my mind) but nothing (I now know people can unlock the pattern easily for cheap but did not come up then). Since this did not work properly, I just go on rebooting it on Win 7, but did not have experience enough, although I looked for information on some websites (that green screen recovery mode by pressing vol + and - and power at the same time and these kind of stuff). What I wanted to do was to flash the device and reinstalling its firmware. When connected to the PC by USB, it recognised the device perfectly but every moment I did that, a screen popped up telling me to format the device. I did not pay much attention at that at first, but as my sources were going down on each moment, at last I decided to format the device. What impressed me at first was that they were only 20 Kb to format but anyway I did it. The recovery green screen was still on the device while it was connected to the PC, but once I disconnected the device from the PC, the green screen left (logically) but the device did not switch on again, even when connected to the charger, and when triying to connect it to the PC, the PC simply did not recognise it.

I looked for information to make it go up again and tried some things like pressing the combination buttons to get the recovery mode, putting in a micro SD the files of the firmware of the device and connecting it to the micro SD slot but nothing happened. Since then Im looking for a solution yet. I saw some hardware procedures in order to get it back by opening the device and tricking it, as software manners did not work well to me, but that requires some electronic knowledge that I may not have at this moment.

I think when I formated that 20 Kb, I blew down the configuration that makes the Power Button to act like that, and the same for the other vol buttons. I contacted to the company 2 days ago explaining this situation and still waiting for news.

What do you think? May have I hard bricked the device?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys. I just found this smartphone a few days ago. As it had a security pattern I tried to unlock it by doing some intends (tipical patterns that came to my mind) but nothing (I now know people can unlock the pattern easily for cheap but did not come up then). Since this did not work properly, I just go on rebooting it on Win 7, but did not have experience enough, although I looked for information on some websites (that green screen recovery mode by pressing vol + and - and power at the same time and these kind of stuff). What I wanted to do was to flash the device and reinstalling its firmware. When connected to the PC by USB, it recognised the device perfectly but every moment I did that, a screen popped up telling me to format the device. I did not pay much attention at that at first, but as my sources were going down on each moment, at last I decided to format the device. What impressed me at first was that they were only 20 Kb to format but anyway I did it. The recovery green screen was still on the device while it was connected to the PC, but once I disconnected the device from the PC, the green screen left (logically) but the device did not switch on again, even when connected to the charger, and when triying to connect it to the PC, the PC simply did not recognise it.

I looked for information to make it go up again and tried some things like pressing the combination buttons to get the recovery mode, putting in a micro SD the files of the firmware of the device and connecting it to the micro SD slot but nothing happened. Since then Im looking for a solution yet. I saw some hardware procedures in order to get it back by opening the device and tricking it, as software manners did not work well to me, but that requires some electronic knowledge that I may not have at this moment.

I think when I formated that 20 Kb, I blew down the configuration that makes the Power Button to act like that, and the same for the other vol buttons. I contacted to the company 2 days ago explaining this situation and still waiting for news.

What do you think? May have I hard bricked the device?

I took a peek at their website, and you may have a way out by using the ADB (Android Debug Bridge). I have no knowledge how to use this, but I do know that your method to fix the device, if possible, lies in that method.

Moto321

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I see. Thanks for your answer Golfdriver.

I will try to learn how that method works and will tell you any results.

Edit: while seeing the ADB process, it says you must have your device in recovery mode or fastboot mode but mine does not even switch on. Are you sure the ADB can unbrick the device?
I also learnt that a hard bricked device happens when your device suffers a hardware malfunction, but what made mine to become bricked was a software process. Is it possible the software formate affected the hardware of the device?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I see. Thanks for your answer Golfdriver.

I will try to learn how that method works and will tell you any results.

Edit: while seeing the ADB process, it says you must have your device in recovery mode or fastboot mode but mine does not even switch on. Are you sure the ADB can unbrick the device?
I also learnt that a hard bricked device happens when your device suffers a hardware malfunction, but what made mine to become bricked was a software process. Is it possible the software formate affected the hardware of the device?

I did not think about the fact that the device could not switch on. I have read so many bricked device questions recently I may have confused your post with the others I read.

Your idea is possible if the kernel was involved in the reformatting.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1