Archos 70 case?

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know of a silicone type case for the Archos 70, or one for another device that will fit (might have to modifiy for ports)?

markmysite

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I looked all over online and there aren't many options. I went with:

Amazon.com: Jet Neoprene Sleeve Book Cover Case Protective with Extra Pocket for Velocity Micro Cruz Reader + includes a eBigValue TM Determination Key Chain Strap + Includes a Crystal Clear High Quality HD Noise Filter Ear buds Earphones Headphones

It's for a different brand but it has similar size specs to the 70. the Cruz is 7.5"x5.6"x.6" .... and the Archos 70 250GB is 7.91"x4.49"x.55"... the 8GB model is: 7.91" x 4.49" x 0.43"

I'm betting that they made the above Cruz case just 1/2 inch bigger so it fits in easier... (fingers crossed)

plunder

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the A70-250gb and bought the Tuff-Luv leather case. Model At the moment only the veggie version is available here.

This fits both the 8Gb and 250Gb version, but I had to modify the hole for the 3.5mm headphone socket (the case is cut for the 8Gb version). The case provides substantial, if slightly bulky, protection. The integral portrait stand works well, but the landscape stand not so good. When the device is hand held the top (or flap) folds back over the body of the case, behind the unit.

I also tried a foam (neoprene) pouch (from Hong Kong) and added a 0.5mm thick silicone foam covered alloy plate, for screen protection. This works, but the pouch is not a good fit. I can just get the Tuff-Luv case, with the A70, inside the pouch.

Reactions: redrunner1985