Have you ever tried iOS?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Jerry,

Have you ever tried iOS before as your "daily driver" ? I believe you have toyed with it but just curious if you actually have used it for 1-2 weeks at a time? :).

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Had to use it for five weeks once for a Google study. Worse month of my life. There are things about Android that you take for granted until they're gone. Little things that you don't even think about.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I bought the first one and the 3G, but quickly ditched them because BlackBerry did my email so much better.

In the more modern era, I used the 5S for a good while. The setup is a horrible experience if you use Google because nothing is tied together (and most every iOS user also uses Google). I hated the keyboard because I have big fingers and could never tap only one key. The rest was OK.

If you aren't deeply embedded in Google stuff it's probably pretty nice. The lack of integration with the things I use and need kinda ruined all the good things for me. I'm thinking about giving it another try with a 6S. I imagine Rene has a couple laying around and i could borrow one.

I don;t hate the iPhone or hate Apple. I hate some of their policies, but i hate some of Google's too. I could use an iPhone full time if i had to, especially if i migrated to more of Apple's services.

Nutcase4u

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
It's good to hear some honesty on these forums, especially on an Android focused website. I too have occasionally tried to dip into the Apple ecosystem, but with many of my ties being Google based I feel that Android checks off so many more boxes I need than Apple does. Excellent response though!

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a 7+ and assortment of Android phones. When I use my iPhone I always miss little things from Android. Little things like the back button or even placing icons where I want them. Widgets on my home screen and so forth. But there are some things IOS get right as well like battery life and overall smoothness. I like some notifications on IOS as well.

brindleoak

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been after a small, powerful phone with great camera for a while, and recently sold my Nexus 6 and got an iPhone SE. I was pleasantly surprised to see improvements in iOS around inter-app cooperation--pressing a url in Gmail opens in Chrome for example and not Safari; LastPass can fill in passwords into Chrome without need to copy'n'paste, etc etc. I signed into Chrome, but didn't need to sign in and authenticate to the other Google apps--just selected 'use as Simon'.

I can't be bothered rooting/ROMing these days, or even messing around with 3rd party launchers, so for me the move to iOS was pretty painless--quite an enjoyable change even.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463