In your opinion, what is the best phone in terms of headphone audio?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey Jerry.

Just for the sake of curiosity, what is your personal best phone when it comes to headphone audio?

Additionally, what's your take on the removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I think the LG V10 is still the best sounding phone you can buy without importing an older model from Xiaomi. Having said that, I think the V10, V20, HTC 10 or G5 with it's plug-in DAC module are all so good it's very hard to tell the difference.

People who remove headphone jacks need to be removed from their job :) It's done as a cost-saver and put forward as a great leap in technology. That's bull hookey. They do it because they save $3 per phone.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey Jerry.

Just for the sake of curiosity, what is your personal best phone when it comes to headphone audio?

Additionally, what's your take on the removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack?

I had the v10. It didn't impress me. I also found it much to cumbersome because it was just so bulky. So I put up with my S7 EDGE for a while. Then when the ZTE axon 7 came out, I bought one and never looked back. It reproduces audio on an equilibrium with my onkyo dp x1 DAP. Now add in the Dolby atmos, and its better. Plus I downloaded the onkyo player for high rez playback. Not only is it a superior option for media, but it's one hell of a phone all around.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Never listened to an Axon 7. I need to find time to get one.

And yeah. Best audio doesn't mean best phone with good audio. I would use the HTC 10 over anything currently because it doesn't have horse**** software on it, even tho the V10 sounds a little better listening to the music I like.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Never listened to an Axon 7. I need to find time to get one.

And yeah. Best audio doesn't mean best phone with good audio. I would use the HTC 10 over anything currently because it doesn't have horse**** software on it, even tho the V10 sounds a little better listening to the music I like.
I miss HTC Sense. Ever since Sense 5, that was my favorite OEM skin around and it still is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1