Best password manager for Android

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Define best :p

I use mSecure because i can store my passwords in my own cloud on computers I control access to (both physical access and remote access). It can use dropbox too, but if you're storing your stuff in the real cloud there are better options when it comes to features and UI

For a more normal password manager I like Lastpass, because they got hacked a while back and it made sure they pay close attention and perform regular security audits. Dashlane is another I liked. If you need one password database for more than one person, 1Password is probably the best option.

Everyone should use a password manager because the risk of them getting hacked is a lot less than the risk of you being tempted to use "bad" passwords or reuse bad passwords, but don't be afraid to use different things for different data. I have accounts and files that are outside of anything in my password vault and use my own little system to keep track of the passwords in my head.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I use mSecure

mSecure is changing. I loved it because of no SAAS, and WiFi sync meant I could keep my sensitive data (encrypted or not) within the confines of my LAN. But the next version of mSecure (the one that will finally support a fingerprint sensor) changes almost all of that.

After much trial and error I went with EnPass for much of the same reasons I went with mSecure in the first place.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Jerry, along those lines have you heard of or researched RoboForm? I use that, with the cloud sync (RoboForm Everywhere) so I can use it with my mobile devices and work machines as well as my personal machines.