Satellite (ugh.) wi-fi data usage

Silveroli

May 6, 2016
Visit site
so, I'm moving in a month, and in this beautiful little pocket of North-Central Idaho my only option is satellite internet (ugh). I've been spoiled by my grandfathered Verizon unlimited plan, and fine if I'm actually 'in town', but at home I must now figure out how to limit my household to 20gb per month!!! yikes! I greatly appreciate any advice, pointers, tricks(?) you and your peeps can provide. (yes, that was a lame Easter joke 😁)

Papasmoke

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
so, I'm moving in a month, and in this beautiful little pocket of North-Central Idaho my only option is satellite internet (ugh). I've been spoiled by my grandfathered Verizon unlimited plan, and fine if I'm actually 'in town', but at home I must now figure out how to limit my household to 20gb per month!!! yikes! I greatly appreciate any advice, pointers, tricks(?) you and your peeps can provide. (yes, that was a lame Easter joke 😁)

We, fortunately just got fiber last year, but were on satellite for a long time. We had HughesNet, but dropped them before their Gen4, so I can't comment on that program, but we had Exede for about 4 years, and paid for 12 Mb down, most always got 9 Mb down and got 19 Mb down, one time that I checked. I paid about $70 a month, I think and they had a plan that gave me no-data-charge for surfing the web, etc. My data use was based on sending files, streaming (did very little), dl'ing music, etc. I used about 10 GB a month. They also offered 150 GB per month, for about $100. I think I'd have been able to get by, but I don't have Netflix. They are worth checking with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon